Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

c-sec incision?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:57 PM
  • 5 Replies

I had to have an emergency c-sec done on the 20th and I am just wondering if it is normal for the cut to look kinda redish pink. Its not like red red or anything it just looks kinda dark pink. and it has  no pink or any odd coloring around it just on the cut and only in the center. I have never had any type of surgery or anything done or seen someone that has. So I just need your opinion if it is ok or if yours was that way or if I need to call my doc for an appointment.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MAXnBRYCESmom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Yeah, thats normal. Mine was like that for almost a week and a half. As long as it is not hot to the touch or leaking any fluid/puss, it's fine.

~Annie~

outdoorgirl89
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:05 PM

no there is no leaking or anything that I can tell and its only about an inch to inch and a half spot its not even the whole thing and it has only been 8 days so i figured it was normal just needed to hear it lol. Thank you

MascaraMomma
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:28 PM

It's normal just keep an eye on it to make sure the color doesn't turn to a darker red. It should finish healing and eventually turn silver.

pregnancy

Momma Joo [Jen]

BibusMommy3
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Mine was like that. It was just like an inch or inch and a half but it was because I scratched at it by mistake while I was sleeping! lol It actually opened a little more after that and it felt kinda wet when I would touch it but I went in to get it checked a couple of days later and the dr. told me that it was just perfect and that it looked great to have been not too long ago. You dont have to worry as long as its not leaking or anything or it turns darker in color. Good luck mama!! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
MJWard
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Yes depending on the person it can be pink/dark pink for up to a year. it will also start to feel hard under the scar..that freaked me out but dont worry that is normal too..its just your body healing :O)

Follow me to a healthier tomorrow! Togeather we can make a change!Mommy weight be gone 
                      CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)