Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not Sure Where To Put This

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:34 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hey everyone. I'm 36 weeks and 2 days pregnant with my third baby. This time it's a girl, I have two boys. With my boys, the pregnancies were AMAZING. But this time it's been hell. I've had extremely low blood pressure, I'm very anemic, and now my body has decided to give me constant braxton hicks. They've been going on for almost 24 hours now. But there is no change to my cervix. I'm dilated 2cm and I'm pretty sure the dr at the hospital last night said I was about 70% effaced. Today I went in to get checked once more just incase it was real labor and there had been no difference...

Except, now I have a little bit of protein in my urine. I've never had protein in my urine before and I'm not sure what causes it. Seeing as my blood pressure was actually good today (102/60) when normally it's low (80/40). So, I was wondering if any of you could tell me why I'd have the braxton hicks for soo long and why I have the protein in my urine now when I've never had it before. My dr said that since my bp isn't HIGH (like normal people) then there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Thank you.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:33 PM

I have no idea, but here is a bump for you.

Baby_Aidans_Mom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Normally protein is found in your urine if 1) there is a problem with you kidneys like an infection or 2) there is a problem with your blood pressure. Most of the time it is #1 but later in pregnancy it can be #2 which leads up to pre-eclampsia. But if your Dr. is not concerned about the amount then I would say you are fine.

~ Loving my life as a Mommy and a Wife ~

in love toddler boy

triciaronious
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:54 AM

Thank you very much! :D

Baby_Aidans_Mom
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 1:40 PM

You're very welcome wink mini Good luck to you and your soon to be little girl!

~ Loving my life as a Mommy and a Wife ~

in love toddler boy

AngelicaRenee
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 1:43 PM

I'll give you a bump. my pregnancy was very easy. although I had braxton hicks every day starting at 14 weeks!

Bmomma2
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 4:51 PM

having protien in urin is usually an indicatiopn of kidney problems...they test us preggo's routinely due to the risk of pre eclampsia.  If your pressure isn't high, I don't know why you'd have protien in your urin...could have just been a fluk...I would test it again soon to see.  If there is not consistently protien, then I would say you're fine.  Good luck and feel better!!

pregnancy due date
MommaTiff23
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 6:24 PM

I have read that the more times you have been pregnant the more braxton hicks contractions you have. This is my second prenancy and I've had a ton. i've had some many that the doc had to give me a muscle relaxer tokeep my uterus calm. I think that part is just normal. But I dont know anything about protein in the urine sorry.

Lilypie

Lilypie

Mamagirlz
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 3:25 PM

This is my 3rd pregnancy too.  I haven't had protein in my urine but I do have braxtin hicks ALL the time.  I don't know if I'm dilated or not but my Dr. told me as long as they don't last 1 min. or longer to not worry about them.

triciaronious
by on Sep. 11, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Just an update.

I had Alexia on Sept. 7th. She was 7 lbs and 13 oz and 21 inches long. :D

Cynthje
by on Sep. 11, 2009 at 11:32 AM

I had protein in my urine one time during my first pregnancy and i know it was because of dehydration. Like you i have low blood pressure so it was not something that concerned me at all (mine was 90/50 during pregnancy).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)