Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ok has any one been told this (U/S)

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:18 PM
  • 28 Replies

ok so i go for my first ultrasound sept 2nd i got a paper at my last appt they tells me about there u/s well it say young children are  strongly recommened not to be brough i have an almost 3 year old i want him to bet here so bad he talks to my belly and always says mommy has a baby in the belly and he really wants to see and i really want him to be there this os exciting and i want him to be apart of it  should i bring him i really think i am but i dont want the people to get all bitchy i mean my mom and hubbys going to be there so if he acts up they can take him to waiting room which i really dont think he will hes pretty good while we are out (at home different story lol can we say monster lol ) but still i am just like ehh i really want my son there !!!!!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:21 PM

With my first the Doctors office allowed children ( I didn't have any to take LOL) with my second I had a midwife and they said no kids. I was so bummed. So third time around I am finding a family friendly place LOL

I am a Jesus loving, breastfeeding, TTCing, cosleeping, mother of two boys:Xavier 4 , Malachi 9 mn, and married to my wonderful husband, Quentin for 4.5 years!!

toddler boybreastfeeding  Stay on "The Up & Up" in my group:  http:/www.cafemom.com/group/upandup

"Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalms 139:16

AngelicaRenee
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:22 PM

I say go for it. As long as he's well behaved I wouldn't think it was a problem. and if they just "strongly recommend" you don't bring your children, they aren't saying they are not allowed at all! I think it would be exciting for your son to get to see his baby sibling.

lelandsmommy06
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:23 PM

yea thats crazy it doesnt say NO KIdS but kinda implied just not recommended so i think i might just do it anyways hes such a ham and flirt all the nurses love him lol but still i was like i hope they dont get bitchy i might have to go off lol

shellszee
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:24 PM

I have never heard that. My first born went to just about all my appts. with my second baby and she's been to several with this (3rd) baby and she's been through u/s and the docs have never commented to leave her home.  Maybe u should just ignore him and bring your older child. If he wants to complain then just ask him if he will pay for you to get a sitter. Get a man to go with you, I have noticed in many cases ppl are less likely to make negative comments in the presence of a male.

AliciaO
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:27 PM

take him!
Thats what they said at my ultrasound, and I have two! 5 and 2.

My hubby was there, and he kept them behaving. So if they say anything, let them know he will be watched, and he is as much apart of this as  you are!

KokoJones

they had told me no kids when i was preggo with my dd2 but my dd1 really wanted to go and they got snippy with me but i explained to them it meant a lot to us and that she wouldn't be in the way. i am waitng to see what they say about this next one, i will find out in october.

CafeMom Tickers

Koko- navy wife-mommy of two- currently baking baby #3

lelandsmommy06

it wasnt my doc i have achick and shes really nice it was just a paper they gave me lol

Lilcountrygrl86
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 1:32 AM

Actually I have my big us on the second also...I got a letter in the mail telling me to be there 15 min early, I should expect to be there for two and a half hours...and recomending not to bring small children. I have a two year old and my fiance has to work and cant take time off due to the fact he alread took friday off for our week camping vacation...so I have to have my father in law and brother in law watch her...I wish my fiance could go...the letter also recomended he be there.

TigerBaby69
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 9:07 AM

I never heard of that either. With my first, I didn't have any kids to take but if I did they would have come with me anyways.
My daughter is almost 6 and she has only missed one ultrasound because of school and has only missed one doctor's appointment because of school. But other than that she has been to every doctor visit and every ultrasound. She likes to ask questions about the baby and learn what she can and she loves to hear the baby's heartbeat.
I think your son has every right to be there because your his mommy and that is his baby brother or sister in there. I would take him with you

babies
babies
Mom2Jack04
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Mine recommends the same thing for ultrasounds, the techs are taking measurements and explaining what they are doing to you and sometimes little ones running in the office, screaming they are bored and not sitting still don't help with that.  Plus on the scary chance they discover something horribly wrong it's not really the time or place for a young one to be there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)