Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

ok so some children can sense a pregnancy before a mother even knows but do you think they can sense this too??

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2009 at 10:14 PM
  • 21 Replies

Ok so I am due to my caculations due on April 26, 2010 so I will be 7 weeks on Monday (ticker is off by one day) but for the last week my oldest dd has been saying that I am having one boy and one girl. She is stuck on us having two babies and not just one, that would actually explain the bad morning sickness I have been having and the bad mood swings, and why my pregnancy test came up really really dark and was positive within 30 secs, and also why I feel so huge, I also look about 4-5 months along, but do you think that a 4 year old can really sense there mother being pregnant with twins?

Pregnancy ticker

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

by on Sep. 5, 2009 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leeann3110
by on Sep. 5, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Well I didnt even believe that a child could predict what the sex of the baby was until my DD said that we was having a baby brother for her. and this was way before we was to have an ultrasound done. She was right about that we are having a boy. So I wouldnt put it past your little one being right, Good luck and only time can tell if she is right or not. 

pregnancy calendar
Mommyof4CLM
by on Sep. 5, 2009 at 10:53 PM

we havent even told the kids about the baby yet and my 3 1/2 year old has already told me I have a baby sissy in my belly....so I believe children can tell these things. I am hoping she is wrong lol but i'd be happy either way though i just had a baby girl 6 mons ago and really want a boy

Bennett121
by on Sep. 5, 2009 at 10:56 PM

very interesting, it is certainly possible. I think we all have "gifts" to some degree and as we get older we suppress it. So, it is very likely your daughter is right.

virgobaby1978
by on Sep. 5, 2009 at 11:03 PM

I wasn't sure until I asked my 3yr old DD and she told me that I was having a boy. After having 5 girls I found this hard to believe. I did already have 1 boy and he was my oldest I figured it was destined for me to only have 1 boy. I went to my 15 week appointment and sure enough we had boy parts. I think anything is possible. They say kids can sense things we have no clue about.

Schleetle
by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 9:05 AM

Its possible.. My son said girl girl girl from the moment I got pregnant, and I am having a girl. However when I was pregnant with my twin boys I had a very easy first trimester with no morning sickness - this pregnancy I was sick 24/7, but I am having only one girl.

Pregnancy Ticker

libs
by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 9:15 AM

My son is 5 and from the beginning of the pregnancy he said boy. When we found out what it was he was right. ITS A BOY! Its scary on how kids do it. The ultrasound tech at my dr office says she sees it all the time and the kids are usually right. SCARY!!!

DanielleAllen
by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 9:20 AM

I think that anything is possible. When is your first appoinment? Ask them if they would do a fetal count. Mine did it for me.

Chrissy9479
by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 9:30 AM

I am a firm believer that its true. When my mom was pregnant with my younger brother I was about 7 and she asked me and my older brother one day what we thought she was having and we both said, its a boy! and sure enough I now have a little brother! I couldn't explain it to you now but we both just knew it was a boy. i think kids have that sixth sense when they are younger, before they start worrying about getting dates and making it to college lol

shesgot4kidz
by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Nah cus im 20 weeks pregnant and b4 i had my 1st u/s my daughter was SO SURE i was having 2 babies in my belly thats all she would say. but nope im only having 1 and just a few wks ago she said im having 2 sisters. well shes having just 1 sister lol!

jenny_1012
by Member on Sep. 6, 2009 at 10:20 AM

My 3 year old daughter knew before I did that I had a baby in my belly...I had asked this same question right before I found out I was pregnant cuz it was crazy about her saying that...

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/8218080/sign_maybe_PIOG

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)