Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tired of Arguing over baby names with Hubby?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:24 AM
  • 10 Replies

So my Hubby and I argue over baby names all the time. Not seriously get angry argue, but back and forth "How about... No, I don't like that.." kind of thing. Well last week we finally agreed on a boy name, Ian Michael. I told him I liked the name so much I almost wish we had a boy just to name him that! Seriously, I love that name. Well yesterday he says to me, "I'm not liking the name Ian anymore." I was so mad, you have no idea! I told him I loved that name and he suddenly doesn't like it anymore. So in order to keep my perfect baby name, I made a deall with him that I could end up regretting. We decided that if we have a boy, I get to choose his name but if we have  a girl, he gets to choose her name. I figurei t's only fair, but I am a little worried. He likes a lot of weird, old lady names. Wish me luck ladies!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mewit2mms
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:31 AM

wow momma,  that could come back to bite u in the end..  lol..  wish u luck tho..  im nearly 27 weeks and we have not come up with a name...  it becomes an issue just to think of it i think..  im going to send u some boy dust just for the sake of ur baby... lol..baby dust

laurenandcobi
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:24 AM

i'm nearly 35 weeks and we have only just come up with a name for our baby girl!! in the end i just told him the name i wanted and he had to deal with it because i was fed up of him saying no all the damn time!! he named our son the name he loved in the end so it was only fair, he has a actually been really good about it and likes the name i've picked now!!

my son's name is cobi richard and my daughters name will be teghan anne

good luck, i hope you have a boy!!!

stace217
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:00 AM

hope you get your boy then! lol 

:]

pregnancy

MarineWife1108
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:05 AM

We're having a girl and there was a name I have been set on since I started thinking about having my own family and all that and he hates it so, I don't get to use it.      :( It's ok thought because I picked a new one that's just as pretty and unique. Maybe even prettier than the old one. We were going to name her Kaydence Delilah but, I changed my mind. Lol. We have settled on Emberlynn Elizabeth. The original was Lillianne. Like lilly anne only one name instead of two. Never thought of a middle name to match though.

Schleetle
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Good Luck! If you do end up with a girl you could always take back the deal, and enforce it if you are having a boy. Its not the fairest plan in the world, but neither is pregnancy. lol

Pregnancy Ticker

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:22 PM

DH and I sometimes write out all the names we like, then go through each others list crossing out the ones we don't like.  Then, in the end, we usually choose one that wasn't on the list at all.  LOL!  My last baby wasn't named until he was 2 or 3 days old.  :)  Even then, I let DH name him and it took me a good 3 months before I'd call him anything but 'Baby', because I just couldn't accept his name (Moses).  I love his name now and it fits him really well.  :) 

Good luck to you and DH.

adri_nevarez
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:26 PM

DH and I were the same way... our solution was to create a list of 10 names.  He was the pickier one so I made my list of 1st & middle names together and told him to cross out the ones he absolutely hated... The catch was that however many he crossed out I could cross out as well... if he wanted to "edit" names I got to "edit" the same number of his... it was kind of fun and it worked in the end!  Good luck... btw, I love Ian Michael, even Ean Michael sounds really nice!

newbiestepmama
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Thanks for your input Ladies! Thankfully my Hubby is asking me about names as he comes up with them, that's good.

jennak315
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:26 PM

once i found out what we were having i came up with Avery! illove it so much! he didnt like it so much but i would just say ohh avery just kicked me or ohh avery is rolling around! lol... then one day i heard him use it and that was it.

camsmom2
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:06 PM

i had this problem too..so we just decided to put all the names we both liked in a hat (the same amount) and let our son draw two names..and that was his name in the order they were drawn..came up with elijah tyler

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)