Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Losing Weight

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:55 AM
  • 4 Replies

I am only 33 weeks along but up until this point have actually gained about 35 lbs. and believe me it was all in my belly.  This last week though I have noticed that I was about 196 ad this morning when I weighed before eating I was 190.4.  I know some people lose weight in the beginning of the pregnancy but I don't really think losing it towards the end is good. 

I thought I remember reading or hearing that if you lose weight that the baby might not be gaining weight properly like it should and you may have problems with your placenta or something. Does anyone know anything about this or had this happen to them?  I have a doctors appt. tomorrow morning abecause of my rising BP and plan on voicing my conerns with her then but just wanted to ask today.  What's weird is I've been swelling for awhile and figured my weight would still increase because of it instead of losing.  My daughter was only 4lbs. 9 oz. when she was born at 37 1/2 weeks so I'm afraid this one with be little too.

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KatieFlower
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:47 AM

6lbs is alot to have suddenly lost... were you extremely bloated the day before?  I had high bp last pregnancy and I was told to watch out for rapid weight gain (5lbs in a week) but not for weight loss, I don't know what that's about.  But I just want to wish you good luck I can't really help much but I can wish you a happy and healthy rest of the pregnancy.  Good luck at your appointment and take care and relax! 

Shabaam_CFC
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:22 PM

somewhere between 32 and 37 weeks i didnt gain any weight, and lost like 2 or 3 pounds, but now i have gained like 5 more pounds, and i feel like a cow. Lol

good luck momma

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

I have been married for over 3 years, to my main man Ken. I am a proud
Soldier in the Army, for over 4 years,
and soon to be Mommy to my
first baby boy.

robin1725
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 1:01 AM

You may have been retaining water and that is why you lost all of that weight....it was all water weight. That would be the only thing that would make sense to me especially in only a week. Just bring it up to your doctor and see what they say. I'm sure everything is fine. I'm having the opposite problem....I gained very slowly in the beginning but now I am gaining pretty quickly....I have gained 4 pounds in the past 3 weeks...ugh!

CafeMom Tickers
luckeelady
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 5:34 PM

4 lbs. in 3 weeks really isn't that bad.  I've gained that much in a week honestly. 

I think I gained most of it back yesterday between drinking so much water and eating watermelon.  It may have been water loss who know.  When I was there last Monday I weighed 196 and on Friday I weighed 194 but weighing in today I weighed 194.8 so she said I only gained 8 oz.  SHe never said anything about losing the 2 lbs. the weeks before, who knows.  They are however are going to do another ultrasound on Friday to see how big he is and make sure he's growing properly because of my BP issues.  I'm scheduled for a C-section at 39 weeks but honestly I think my doctor is worried I won't make it till 37 weeks but that is her goal.  I'm almost 34 weeks and am supposed to be going every 2 weeks but the last few weeks have been going twice a week so they can monitor me closely.  She has also been doing lab work and 24 hour urine collection once a week to monitor me additionally.  Wish me luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)