Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't stop gaining weight!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:10 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm so depressed.  I've already gained 19lbs and I'm only 18 weeks.  I can't get my weight gain to slow down.  I eat healthy, drink lots of h20, and I get some form of exercise daily.  What the heck?  I know I was a bit underweight before I got pregnant, but I seriously cannot keep up with the weight gain and I know my doctor is going to yell at me this week at my 19 week appt.  Any suggestions on how to slow down?

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Schleetle
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:50 PM

I certianly hope your OB won't yell at you - you're pregnant, and you are supposed to gain weight. I was small before getting pregnant too, and I try not to worry much about what I gain. If you feel like you are eating healthy, and keeping active thats the best thing you can do. A lot of it is also probably water weight... I excercise just about everyday, and that really helps. Really though as long as you, and the baby are healthy don't stress too much about your weight.

Pregnancy Ticker

ashleysmommy820
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Well, if you were underweight to begin with, you need to gain the extra weight. As pp said, a lot of it is probably water weight, but if you are that concerned ask your doctor what to do to slow down a little bit.

CafeMom Tickers
Jamaica_Gyal
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Well if you were underweight to begin with you may be just fine. Just think if you gain a pound a week during pregnancy thats only 40lbs, which is more than what docs say you should gain, but pretty much the average that most women gain. I think u are doing fine. As long as you are gaining cause of junk foods and such its just the way your body craves nutritrition.

andreakb1
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Thanks for being so nice everyone!  Hopefully it'll slow down.  I'm trying so hard to eat good and exercise daily, whether it's a 20 minute pilates video or an hour walk.  I've been getting a lot more tired during this pregnancy, so it's harder to exercise as much as I did last time.  I guess having a toddler wears ya down!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)