Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Natural Progression to Labor-How's Yours Going?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:11 PM
  • 7 Replies

I really enjoy hearing all of your stories and experiences during our pregnancies! I feel a special kinship with the third trimester moms because we're all waiting and wondering. You're a great source of support.

As I am five days out from my due date, I am noticing things. The contractions....I get a strong one, about 20 seconds long, once every 1-2 hours. I also have one or two milder ones in that time period too. Yesterday my nipples got noticeably more tender, and I have had several soft BM's since Friday night.

Hormones doing their thing, I guess. It's cool, I feel pretty ready. Carseats ready to go, bag is packed, pre-registration done, blankets bought, everyone on cellphone standby. I'm chillin' and waiting!

Please share with me where you're at and what you're experiencing.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
StephanieB.
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Well I am not as close to labor as you are.....unfortunately lol!  I will be 34 weeks tomorrow.

But as far as waiting for labor to begin I hope I get to experience what you are experiencing with this baby. With my first, when I measured 3 weeks bigger at every apppointment and my midwife didn't make a big deal out of it till my 37 week appoinment. I measured 40 at 37 weeks and she told me my baby would not make it to April. Her due date was april 10th of last year. She was born on March 18th instead. I had no warning signs that labor would begin though. It kind of made me mad. I was waiting for all these things to start happening and nothing. Then just out of the  blue my water broke and that was it for me! So I hope with this one I can have some real signs that labor will begin soon.

Good luck to you!!

pregnancy calendar

StephanieB.
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:21 PM

I forgot to add that she was a full term, completely healthy. She was 8.6 lbs and 20 inches long!!

Quoting StephanieB.:

Well I am not as close to labor as you are.....unfortunately lol!  I will be 34 weeks tomorrow.

But as far as waiting for labor to begin I hope I get to experience what you are experiencing with this baby. With my first, when I measured 3 weeks bigger at every apppointment and my midwife didn't make a big deal out of it till my 37 week appoinment. I measured 40 at 37 weeks and she told me my baby would not make it to April. Her due date was april 10th of last year. She was born on March 18th instead. I had no warning signs that labor would begin though. It kind of made me mad. I was waiting for all these things to start happening and nothing. Then just out of the  blue my water broke and that was it for me! So I hope with this one I can have some real signs that labor will begin soon.

Good luck to you!!

pregnancy calendar

Shabaam_CFC
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Well i am at about 10 days away from my due date, and i can sure start feeling the progression of it all starting, and coming to an end.

My mucus plug has all but come out...I think.lol

I have bloody show also. My contractions have been going on for a few days now, but no more than 4 an hour, and lasting about a minute or so. The soft BM's started a few days ago also, and I can tell that the baby dropped. Its exciting to know that any day now, i will meet my son, but man oh man I am getting anxious, cuz i thought that since the contractions started it would be real soon, but the contractions stopped today...so i might be unlucky and have one of those drawn out labors.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

I have been married for over 3 years, to my main man Ken. I am a proud
Soldier in the Army, for over 4 years,
and soon to be Mommy to my
first baby boy.

StephanieB.
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:04 PM

If your contractions stopped then it is probably because your body has a few more preparations befor the big day. it does not mean that you will have a long drawn out labor at all. Don't worry about it!!!!

Quoting Shabaam_CFC:

Well i am at about 10 days away from my due date, and i can sure start feeling the progression of it all starting, and coming to an end.

My mucus plug has all but come out...I think.lol

I have bloody show also. My contractions have been going on for a few days now, but no more than 4 an hour, and lasting about a minute or so. The soft BM's started a few days ago also, and I can tell that the baby dropped. Its exciting to know that any day now, i will meet my son, but man oh man I am getting anxious, cuz i thought that since the contractions started it would be real soon, but the contractions stopped today...so i might be unlucky and have one of those drawn out labors.

pregnancy calendar

meesa0210
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:25 PM

I am roughly 3 weeks from my due date. The ultrasound I had a few weeks ago, she was measuring 2 weeks ahead. I have weekly NST's because I'm on insulin. The week before when I had it done, I was having contractions. Of course I didn't realize it until she said she could see them on the machine. I just thought she was moving and punching. Then I went and had one done Friday and no contractions. Bummed..... I'm ready to do this, I think. It's been 5 years and I'm a little nervous still. lol. And I know this is horrible to say, especially since there are tons of women out there who would die for the chance to be pregnant and carry to full term, but I'm so over being pregnant this time. I'm way more uncomfortable, irritable and just tired than I was the first pregnancy. Every week when I go to the doc, they say, we'll see you next week unless you're in here in labor before. The first time I heard that, I was like oh, wow it could be tomorrow. But after hearing it for several weeks now and nothing happening, I just kind of brush it off. I know it'll happen when it's time, I'm just ready to get it over with.

j2ul1y
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Well, I have one week to go. I am pretty miserable. Most nights I wake up at about 1 and dont go back to sleep til about 5 or 6. Just in the last couple of days I noticed he finally dropped! I can breathe! For about 2 weeks straight, every other day, or sometimes everyday, I get really sick with severe nausea and diarrhea for like 2 hours straight. I have to just lay in the bathroom(I know thats gross, but I am so sick I can barely move). I have everything ready now, been walking like crazy, and I am getting very impatient! I love being pregnant, but that last month is sooo hard! I have actually noticed in the last couple days my nipples have gotten alot more tender as well. No contractions yet. But with my daughter, I never had a single contraction until I went into labor. I have been feeling alot more pressure today, to the point where I can barely walk, so hopefully soon! Good luck everyone!

CafeMom Tickers
your_angel
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Yay! I am excited for everyone who is gettin' ready to meet their new babies! I know how exciting and nerve racking it can be all at the same time. I am exactly 2 weeks away from my due date and NOTHING!!! I have yet to experience a single pre labor symptom so I'm sitting here wondering well dang will she ever come out? Maybe I'll be like the previous poster who just said it happened out of the blue, or maybe because this is my first pregnancy I just haven't noticed as much. But to my knowledge I haven't lost my plug, I definitely don't have any show of any kind, my uterus tightens at the top every now and then (braxton hicks I'm assuming) but other than that she's just in there chillin, My doctor won't check for dialtion until I hit 39 weeks so I'm in the dark there.

I need a sign anything! lol

Anyways congrats to all you mommies-to-be and I hope you have your little ones soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)