Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know this dont go here but I need help with this 1 plzzz(4 moms with more then 1 baby )

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:40 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have a 4 month old baby girl.Her dr told us  to start  feeding her cereal and baby food. To help her sleep through the night. I have started  her a little bit.She gets cereal in the am n I try to give it to her at night but I'm not sure its helpin her she not sleepin at night only 3 hours at a time.
I wondering what age did u start feeding your baby food n how many times did you feed your baby.

Thank you

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jencris
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:47 PM

At 4 months that is a pretty normal sleep pattern. She is still really young, so just give it some time and she will start sleeping through the night or at least sleeping for longer periods of time. I started feeding my daughter solids at around 7 months. She was still getting breastmilk as her main food source so she only ate solids probably twice a day until she got a little older then it was 3 times a day. At this age she does not need the solids My daughters main food source was breastmilk until she was a year old. I know it's no fun getting up in the middle of the night, but don't worry it will get better soon.

mommywhynot
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:47 PM

I didn't start feeding my son anything thing besides breast milk/formula until 6 months old. Now at 8 months old he eats baby food/solids 3 times a day when we have our daily meals and formula in between. But I never had a problem with him sleeping through the night, at 2 months old he was sleeping 6 hours a night. Good luck mama!

KatieRaugh
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:48 PM

I always started feeding my babies cereal at 4 months also. Just the starting serving in the morning like a regular breakfast but it sounds like her doctor wants you to give it to her before bed so her belly stays full and she sleeps longer

ashleysmommy820
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:29 PM

I started Ashley on solids at 4 1/2-5 months, but only once or twice a day, because she was nursing. She didn't start getting a whole lot of baby food until she was about 9 months, because that's when I stopped nursing her.

CafeMom Tickers
prego7386
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:33 PM

i think i started RJ on rice cereal (less chance for allergic reaction) when he was about 4 or 5 months..cant remember exactly lol. baby food was at about 6 months. but at your baby's age i would imagine thats pretty normal...mine woke up every 2 hours for a LOOONG time lol. he is 8 months now and wakes up maybe once a night now. it will get better just get patient. think about it like this...your baby wouldn't be waking up hungry if they didn't need the nutrients and cereal really doesn't have that much in it..it just tricks baby into feeling full all night is all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)