Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Braxton Hicks contractions...how many are too many in 1 hour?????

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:29 PM
  • 2 Replies

I had about 8-10 braxton hicks contractions for about an hour earlier today and I was curious if that is ok?

I didn't have any pain or discharge going on at all. And I will be 34 weeks tomorrow. Should I call my midwife or just wait till my appointment tommorrow?

pregnancy calendar

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
nikki_staples
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:33 PM

I just asked my OB this question..i am 29 weeks pregnant and have been having ALOT more BHicks this time than with my 1st pregnancy. ANyhow, he said, if you have more than 4-5 an hour, and it is for at least 2 hrs, then  you should call.  Some hours i have like 6 but then i don't have any for a few hrs, then again i have alot in a short time, then they go away. So he said that as long as they aren't following a pattern and not exceeding 5 an hour for more than 2 or 3 hrs, then there's nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps :)

StephanieB.
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Thanks. that does help. They did stop so I'm sure that I am fine. I will mention it tomorrow though.

Quoting nikki_staples:

I just asked my OB this question..i am 29 weeks pregnant and have been having ALOT more BHicks this time than with my 1st pregnancy. ANyhow, he said, if you have more than 4-5 an hour, and it is for at least 2 hrs, then  you should call.  Some hours i have like 6 but then i don't have any for a few hrs, then again i have alot in a short time, then they go away. So he said that as long as they aren't following a pattern and not exceeding 5 an hour for more than 2 or 3 hrs, then there's nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps :)

pregnancy calendar

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)