Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Contractions?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:39 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm 29 weeks. I've been having what I'm told are contractions for over a day now. About 20 minutes apart for the most part, they are worse when I'm standing. Its a weird pressure, and my tummy gets really hard. But for the last couple hours they are starting to hurt a bit along with the pressure. I don't really want to have to spend hours in the ER if its nothing. And I can't call the doctor because when I have they don't bother answering me.

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rocklovinggirl
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Try taking a warm bath...  if they go away then you should not be going in to labor. 

aikenchic
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Drink lots of water and lay on your left side.  I started having BH when I was about 20wks.  This helped.  If it doesn't ease up time them.  If they are regular-meaning  lasting a minute and often as 4 in 1 hr- maybe you should go to L&D to get them to check you.  Most like you need to drink more water.  Good luck.

Dolybye
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Well they eased for the moment, I haven't  been up that long. But I was up most the time. With them being about 20 minutes apart still. I have been drinking all the time but it doesn't seem to help any really. But the doctor that I go to still hasn't said what to do if I have a problem. Ugh.

kemmerer411
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 11:01 AM

First of all GET A NEW DR! They should NEVER ignore your questions! You are paying them to be available to help you. I would def drop that doc and find a new one. As for what your experiencing I am also 29 weeks and experience what your talking about a lot. Especially when I am at work and on my feet a lot. Mine dont hurt, I just feel a lot of pressure and kinda get a stich in my side (like when you run a lot). They occur for me prob every 1/2 hour or so. When I talked to my midwife about them she said as long as they dont come more than 5 or 6 in an hour, and they dont hurt there is nothing to worry about... but yours hurt right? If I were you I would prob just get checked out to be sure. I was in L&D last week for like 5 hours and it turned out to be nothing.... just dehydration... but you can never be too safe. Good Luck!

Dolybye
by on Sep. 17, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I can't change at this point, and its only the one place around here that takes the insurance I'm on. I mean the doctor was nice this time around but didn't check it out when I asked if they should be hurting or not. But he told me if I feel that its a pain then to come in and he'll check me out or to go to the ER, hes normally the on-call there as well. Hes words where "everyones pain levels are different, just because one person might find it painful doesn't mean another will. So its better to just come in and make sure" And after i had made that I do get really painfull ones BUT I only get them now and then. He said if its in any sort of pattern even if its just 4 an hour to go ahead and get check because it would be easier to stop it if it is the real thing. Like he said if I get them at 20 minutes apart again to go ahead and go in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)