Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

36 weeks and 3-4 cm dilated!

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 12:58 PM
  • 9 Replies

I just got back from my 36 week appointment and I am between 3-4 cm dilated... With my first pregnancy I was 3 cm dilated at my 37 week appointment and went into labor that night. I really hope that this little one holds out 1 more week! 

I also got the results for my Step B test.. it came back positive :(   I know I will have to get antibiotics before I deliver.  Has anyone gotten a positive Strep B test? How did labor go? Was your baby okay? I'm trying not to worry about it.

Thanks  :)

by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MrsPilat
by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Congrats mama! Sounds like it could be any day! (but i'll pray you hold on another week) ...I was 4-5cm with my second for about 2 weeks and then at my last apt. my doctor "stretched" me out and I went into labor that night. I don't know about the strep thing so here's a bump

bxbsmommy
by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 2:24 PM

I was 4 cm at 28 weeks and I held on to my son until 38 weeks! I had group b and although this was my first child I don't think it affected it at all, as matter of fact I don't believe I took both dosages before I delivered and my son was fine.

StephanieB.
by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Wow! You are so lucky! I wish I was that far along already. I am getting checked next week at my 37 week appoinment to see where I'm at and it would be nice if I was dilated some :)

pregnancy calendar

lsfxy2003
by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 2:30 PM

i was dilated 3 cm at 38 weeks with my first and i also tested positive for the group b strep. my son is fine, they would just bring u into the hospital a little earlier than normal instead of calling the doc when they are 5 mins apart you got earlier so you can get all of the antibiotics before you have the baby. once you have the antiboitics its fine.

lovingbaby1982
by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 6:20 PM

I was pos for group b with all 3 of mine, and everything was fine, kids were perfect!  just had to get the anti'!!!! 

mymymama
by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 7:02 PM

I am SO jeolous! I had my 39 week appointment today and I was 1 cm dilated and 50 effaced. THAN he told me that he wouldn't consider inducing me till after 42 weeks! I also tested positive and everybody keeps telling me they had it and had a healthy baby. Just have to have antibiotics

nancycsel
by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Thanks for all the responses.. it sounds like Strep B is pretty common and I shouldn't worry.  Now to finish getting my hospital bag together..ugh I am such a procrastinator!

Mamagirlz
by on Sep. 25, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Congrats your baby will be here soon!  No never had strep B before.  In 2 weeks I do get checked for this baby.  I'm ready to find out if I'm dilated or not.  I was at 2cm with my 1st and 3cm with my 2nd.  It's been 5 years so I don't know if that will make a difference or not.  I hope not.  I'm hoping to be dilated so when time comes I can get my membranes stripped and hopefully get labor going.  It worked with my last.  Well good luck on everything!

Pregnancy ticker
izaiahsmoma
by on Sep. 25, 2009 at 10:30 AM

I was 3-4 at 21 weeks and NO sighs of labor.  I was induced at 36w1d because they were worried about my son's health. He was perfectly healthy and spent only 8 days in the step down nursery because he couldn't maintain his temp.

My friend tested positive with all 3 of her pregnancies.  Her deliveries went fine and her babies had no problems.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN