Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preggo Halloween Costumes???

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 1:02 PM
  • 78 Replies

Poll

Question: do your hubbys or SO dress up too?

Options:

yes

nope

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 146

View Results

So the only costumes i've seen for pregnant chicks are plus size costumes that don't show off the cute bump or paint your belly costumes...well i don't like either of those! Anyone know of some good ideas? Maybe couples costume ideas too?

little devil

by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Delibean
by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 1:11 PM

I'm curious about that too!  We're trying to come up with a game or something that involves belly painting because my baby shower is going to be Halloween party-themed.  Maybe it would be pre-painted and everyone could add something to decorate it?  I dunno, if anyone has ideas for that one, I'd be interested.. as well as costume ideas (besides being a giant pumpkin).

sbell719
by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 1:21 PM

What about a pregnant nun? One of my friends did that when she was preggo and won a costume contest. Hubby could be a priest...

leapope0017
by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Quoting sbell719:

What about a pregnant nun? One of my friends did that when she was preggo and won a costume contest. Hubby could be a priest...

LOL thats cute!!!

darbyxcrash
by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I was pregnant last Halloween and I was Mother Nature. I had to make it, but it was super simple. I got a goddess costume in my regular size, cause it was stretchy and it showed the bump. Then I took some fake plants and strategically hot glued them around the dress. I made a nest with a bird in it to put in my hair, which I wore down and kinda wavy. Then I had some butterflies and other little bugs on the dress also. I loved it.

babonwy
by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Quoting darbyxcrash:

I was pregnant last Halloween and I was Mother Nature. I had to make it, but it was super simple. I got a goddess costume in my regular size, cause it was stretchy and it showed the bump. Then I took some fake plants and strategically hot glued them around the dress. I made a nest with a bird in it to put in my hair, which I wore down and kinda wavy. Then I had some butterflies and other little bugs on the dress also. I loved it.

Thats what I have been planning to do....LOL

But I will have My belly exposed and have it painted up as the Earth....Then My Husband is going to be Pan.

Avetay
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2009 at 1:40 PM

So what DH and I were thinking about doing is DH loves soccer so I was going to paint my belly like a soccer ball DH is going to wear a soccer uniform and I'm going to take a referee shirt and cut it down teh middle in front to show off my belly ball. (I'll only be 24 weeks for Halloween) 

~Ave'~ 
Happily Married to Tim, Mommy to 2 dogs & Expecting out 1st Little Lamm 2/16/2010!!!

in lovepregnant bellyexpecting boyits a boy

CafeMom Tickers

Anawan
by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 1:41 PM

I've been having the same problem.  The only pregnancy ones I've found are really cheesy or too big.  My husband and I have a Halloween party every year and I'm strapped for ideas!

rspinneberg
by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I was thinking about the nun idea originally but I decided to be a bumble bee instead. I'm going to get either yellow or yellow and black striped leggings, a black tutu and try to find a yellow and black striped shirt or tank top. Maybe wings but I'm not sure. It will be simple and still comfortable since I'll only be a few weeks away from my due date! You could do the same idea as a lady bug also, just change yellow to red.

pregnancy week by week

2babys-under2
by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Some cute ideas I had were:

Pregnant cheerleader. Use a midriff shirt or tie the shirt in the back, so your belly shows and paint a football on your belly.

Pregnant gypsy. Use a flowy skirt and midriff/tied shirt and paint a crystal ball on your belly.

Scare crow. Wear a button down flannel shirt and leave it unbuttoned and paint a pumpkin on your belly.

A man with a beergut...lol

Deviled Egg...You dress up as a devil and paint an egg on your belly

Pregnant angel with a sign that says "the devil made me do it" with a crooked halo or horns holding it up lol

construction workers outfit with your tool belt filled with bottles, diapers, wipes, medicine droppers, and wear a hard hat

shot gun wedding bride

carebear

And here's some couple costume ideas:

You can be a pumpkin and your bf/hubby can be peter peter pumpkin eater...lol

your bf/hubby can be a quarterback from his favorite team and you be a cheerleader from a rival team that he knocked up..lol

ok I'm all out of ideas...lol

I think I'm just going to paint a pumpkin on my belly and wear a halloween shirt, tied in the back so my belly will show. I don't know yet.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers
ProudMama326
by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 2:12 PM

You could always go for a shocker costume.. like a preacher and pregnant nun lol! Or jailbird costumes LOL or you could be more conservetive.. uh hum.. ;) A pumpkin.. a beach ball.. a fat man.. lol O! A pregnant cat! :) Cartoon couples are my favorite. Like Fred and Wilma Flinstone or Barney and Betty Rubble. I'm just coming up with these... I let my kids paint my belly like a pumpkin last halloween and it was so funny.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured