Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Stabbing pain in lower left side of abdomen?

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2009 at 6:58 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm trying not to freak myself out, but just within the last hour or so, I've been having a stabbing pain sensation in the lower left side of my abdomen, just above my groin area.  I'm 8 weeks pregnant, pretty sure it's not ectopic...

Anyone else experience these pains? Its like one every 30 seconds-minute....

I also have a terrible headache...

I'd call my doctor but the office is closed, and I don't want to just go to the ER...

Any ideas what this could be??

It's scaring me a little bit!!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 27, 2009 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
CathyBRI
by on Sep. 27, 2009 at 7:05 PM

I remember when I was around 8 weeks preg with my 1st I used to have CRAMPING pain in my lower abdomen, which was a result of my uterus stretching and growing.. but I'm not too sure about STABBING pain... how painful is it? Any bleeding? I know you dont wanna go to the ER, but remember it's better to be safe than sorry.

**SENDING UP A PRAYER FOR YOU**

Good luck, mama.

Mandola21
by on Sep. 27, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Yeah actually right around then I think I was having stabbing pain on the left side only every once in a while but it was unnerving but everything has checked out ok. I talked to a nurse because the nausea went away for a day and I was discharging brown and she said it was all normal, and at my ultrasound everything checked out great!

Omi.03.24.07
by on Sep. 27, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Thanks for replying... Yeah for the past couple weeks, I've had cramping in my lower abdomen, and my nurse said that was just the uterus stretching, which was completely normal... I don't know about that stabbing pain... However I haven't felt it now in about 10/15 minutes, so hopefully all is well.... If it starts back up, I'll be concerned. This baby is whooping my butt lol

Now the pain is more near where my leg meets my abdomen, front left side... Strange.

Thanks again  <3

CafeMom Tickers
Omi.03.24.07
by on Sep. 27, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Oh, I almost forgot... I've had absolutely no bleeding or spotting, either.

CafeMom Tickers
Beautifulnewmom
by on Sep. 27, 2009 at 11:07 PM

funny thing you posted this i just called my doc about this and she said it was just the uterus stretching! and not to be worried just take a warm bath and relax!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

kristalynne
by on Sep. 27, 2009 at 11:20 PM

I had this, I am pregnant with twins, so the cramping was really bad, however I had the stabbing pain in my lower left side, where my ovary is....during your first trimester you have a cyst that helps with the pregnancy until the placenta if fully formed and it takes over, then it goes away, but I had it and it was very painful, it did go way, so hopefully you don't have any problems! Good Luck and Congrats!!!

babies

baby

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN