Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

sharp pains and twinges in my cervix

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2009 at 3:08 PM
  • 4 Replies

I have been having pain in my cervix all day.  Just all of the sudden OWW!  They are sharp and some are just sort of painful twinges.  Does this sound like my cervix is doing something?  I really really hope so.  I am almost 38 weeks and am soo hoping for baby to come soon.  In the last 5 days I have gained 11 lbs and I am not feeling so hot.  My doc wasn't concerned about the gain.  they checked for anything bad and said I was fine and it was just water and baby. 2 weeks ago I was 2 cm and 50% effaced.  I am hoping that all these twinges mean my cervix is dilating and thining out more, or that labor will start really soon.   Anyway aside from that I am really looking forward to labor now.  The hospital where I will deliver has changed alot since my last dd.  They now have birthing tubs and want moms to be active in labor.  And so now I won't have to be on a fetal monitor the whole time yay!

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is also a government big enough to take from you all that you have." - Gerald Ford

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety  deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.  We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream.  It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."  - Ronald Reagan

by on Oct. 8, 2009 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
spazchicken
by on Oct. 8, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Not really sure but could be.  I know the sharp pain that you are refering to and its very uncomfortable.  I have felt that even when not being pregnant.  I also felt that around my 2nd week.  Sorry I cannot give you any information on anything definite, but I know this sharp(sometimes dull) cervical aching :(

gallo
by on Oct. 8, 2009 at 3:48 PM

I have the same pains, but I've been having them for months.  So, I'm guessing that it does not necessarily mean that labor is in the near future....

hoping4number3
by on Oct. 8, 2009 at 4:10 PM

i'm pretty sure those sharp pains are to be blamed on a kicking baby hehe. happens to me all the time!

pregnancy calendar 

Thinking about the holidays yet? Check out www.youravon.com/katiewilliams for some cheap ideas!

mrs.curtis07
by on Oct. 8, 2009 at 7:09 PM

i have those pains, too, ever since he dropped last week.  i'm only 36 weeks, but i've been having them big time.  never had them at all with dd.  and when i feel them, he's never moving or kicking or anything, he's always still.  they're usually accompanied by a contraction.  you never know, your cervix could be changing!  i should have had my midwife check mine today when i saw her, but i was in way too much discomfort "down there" to let anyone poke and prod, so she said i can call and she'll meet me at the birthing center any time i want to be checked in the next week (before my 37 week appointment)

US Army - Iraqi Freedom Veteran Seal Pictures, Images and Photos

Pregnancy Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN