Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ideas for a winter birthday?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:08 AM
  • 3 Replies

Okay mommas, I need your help!! My sons 5th (I know, the BIG one right!) birthday is coming up in February (7th). Well, I need to know some games or activities to do with the kids, we will be inviting his pre-k class as well as a few older kids. We are planning on renting a bouncy house but I'd still like to have some activites or something to entertain while they wait their turns or before the bouncing begins!

Let's hear the ideas ladies!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
iluvcallalilies
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Do you have a theme?

• If you look at Oriental Trading they have hollow figures (like Easter Eggs, but other shapes/characters) - you can fill them with treats and have a hunt (just like an Easter Egg Hunt).
  • Create a Scavenger hunt - divide them into teams and first team to find everything on the list wins
  • Let them build their own personal pizzas (you give them all a small crust and let them assemble the rest) OR
  • Build their own ice cream sundaes

Click to join our group: Christian Celebrations

kyru2
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Quoting iluvcallalilies:

Do you have a theme?

• If you look at Oriental Trading they have hollow figures (like Easter Eggs, but other shapes/characters) - you can fill them with treats and have a hunt (just like an Easter Egg Hunt).
  • Create a Scavenger hunt - divide them into teams and first team to find everything on the list wins
  • Let them build their own personal pizzas (you give them all a small crust and let them assemble the rest) OR
  • Build their own ice cream sundaes

I have to say these are grea ideas...because two of them are mine also LOL!  I love going all out for kids birthday parties...especially if there is numerous kids attending. The scavenger hunt, and individual mini pizza's are two ideas I am holding onto for when my 3 yr old is a bit older...right now we don't have that many children that come to our parties :( The Oriental Trading Mag. is great for themed parties. We got one in the mail yesterday, and my daughter has hardly put it down. They have GREAT prices, too. My twins will be 1 on Feb 19th, and I have been trying to figure out what I want to do for them. It will be mostly adults though, only a couple children. 

mscamp0235
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:32 PM

we played pin the nose on the snowman, you can also put numbers on  paper and lay them in a circle on the floor this is kinda like musical chairs anyway when you stop the music you pull a number out of a hat and who ever is standing on the number gets a treat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)