Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any good games?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:47 PM
  • 8 Replies

I like to play games in the evenings with my kids 4,6,8and 11. The problem has always been that most of the time the games don't appeal to them or just wrong for them or they lose all the pieces. Its been a hit or miss with most things.

they really liked "guess who extra".

what worked in your family?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
countrygirlkat
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:39 AM

My children are younger only 4 and 3 but we have been teaching them to play dominos and card games like go fish, old maid, memory, etc. 

When I was younger we loved to play Monopoly, Life, Clue and card games.

Dedicated wife to Joe, loving stay-at-home mommy to Landon and Epi, and caretaker to Strawberry(horse), Buttercup(pony), Snowball(rabbit), Rio and Hunter(dogs), & Nike, Mr. Mooch, and Tinkerbell(cats).

cowgirl

fairymom2316
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 10:23 AM

My kids are 4 and 2 so they play more of the preschool games. They love Lucky Ducks, Memory, Cars Race game, Princess Charming(by iPlay), Candyland, and a Mermaid one my sister got her.

Have you tried playing Monopoly Jr with them? Also, Scene It should be fun for them. Try the Disney version =)

meagansmommy07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Well my DD is only 2 so we're still into games like Elefun, Dora ABC, etc, but have you tried games like Clue, Apples to Apples, Taboo, Pictionary or Jenga? Those are the games some of the older kids I babysit like to play.  They also have a monopoly electronic banking that seems to be a big hit...

Kara

Mommy to Meagan Marie

Join us on

The Preschool Group
Preschool Group Mod

Mom2ALilGirl
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 10:54 AM

What is the Dora ABC game? My daughter is two and she absolutely LOVES Dora.

meagansmommy07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 11:19 AM

There's not too much to the game, but my daughter loves it and its really helping her with letters.

http://www.amazon.com/Dora-the-Explorer-ABC-Game/dp/B000ETRD9S

Quoting Mom2ALilGirl:

What is the Dora ABC game? My daughter is two and she absolutely LOVES Dora.

Kara

Mommy to Meagan Marie

Join us on

The Preschool Group
Preschool Group Mod

rebeccan3
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 11:38 AM

How about Sorry or Trouble - - those are fun games.  And in our family - - we play the game and then Mom puts it in a safe place so all the pieces and/or cards don't come up missing!  = ]    

soymujer
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 1:00 PM

My kids like Sorry and Life.

family in the van   Mom of four

Eviesmommy
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 10:55 PM

My daughter's only 3. Right now she's into Candyland and Memory. But some of the games I remember enjoying as a kid (and some of my older pre-schoolers I taught loved) are Hungry Hungry Hippos, Connect 4, Mousetrap, and Life. Ooo, I also remember loving don't break the ice and Ants in the pants. And like someone else said, I would just take the game when you're done and put it up somewhere safe, until they're old enough to learn not to scatter the pieces...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)