Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Playtime Help

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:37 PM
  • 2 Replies

I have a 2 year old son and I am having a hard time trying to keep him entertained without getting bored myself.  I can only play with blocks, cars, trains etc...for so long before my attention span gets short.  I work during the week full time and watch him by myself on weekends since my husband is at work.  This winter has proven difficult since being outside for long periods isn't doable. 

If anyone has some good ideas for indoor activities that don't cost a lot I would be very greatful.  Thank you

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Sagely
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Coloring entertains my DD forever.  She'll do blocks by herself if I'm in the room.

Also, having her "help" me do everything.  I'll give her a clean, dry washcloth, and she will help me clean every room of the house.

Her push toy (the popper thing) helps me vacuum.

Her favorite is helping me with the laundry by handing me the clothes.

And then of course...there's shopping.

countrygirlkat
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Playdough, coloring, painting, crafts, dress up.  Those are a few ideas.  I hope that helps.

Dedicated wife to Joe, loving stay-at-home mommy to Landon and Epi, and caretaker to Strawberry(horse), Buttercup(pony), Snowball(rabbit), Rio and Hunter(dogs), & Nike, Mr. Mooch, and Tinkerbell(cats).

cowgirl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)