Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions....

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:00 AM
  • 32 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think it is ok?

Options:

yes

no

other...plz explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 74

View Results

I saw this on the daily buzz and was wondering what you moms think?

It's time for a Mom Confession -- because, let's face it, we're real mothers and sometimes it doesn't work the way the parenting books say it should.

This Week's Confession:

I let my 2-year-old throw toys. Sometimes I don't see the harm, and I want to pick my battles. But I want to know if I'm alone in thinking this.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BossHog
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:02 AM

I guess it all depends. I let my son throw his balls in the house when he is playing but just to throw them out of anger or just because is not ok to me. 

Plus-size-mommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:04 AM

I don't think it's a good idea personally. What's going to happen when he throws a toy and hits someone? He's going to get in trouble, I bet. Then, he'll be confused about when is it okay to throw things, better to just never allow it to be okay.

aly38914290
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:20 AM

I do not like it when my daughter throws her toys for fun or out of anger.  Out of anger generally results in punishment.  I wish I was better about handling the throwing thing in general.  However, she is 18 months and picking battles is something i understand.  i know that i need to get better at handling this.

dollfaceapril
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:31 AM

No I don't let my son who is 2 throw toys. I have a new baby coming and I don't want him in the habit thinking its okay to throw thing because he may hit the baby and get confused if I let him throw things now and not later.

Ask God for what you want or need and recieve what God wants for you so your joy will be joyful.
LOVE_mygirls58
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:31 AM

it depends. my kids throw balls in the hall way and thats it. they know that they can't throw balls anywhere else  

Mom71307
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:12 PM

My daughter is allowed to throw soft balls only.  I do not want her hurting someone (her baby brother) or breaking something.  We first taught that balls are for throwing and nothing else, then we moved to differentiating between soft and hard balls.  Now, she is only to throw soft balls and if she throws anything else, she gets a warning then gets it taken away.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
krystlewv
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:17 PM

I dont let my son throw toys. If its done in anger or in fun someone could get hurt and its best if he just doesnt do it. Its not nice to throw stuff anyway. 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

"My mother's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it."

isra1986
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:39 PM

Nope. It gets taken away and she is told to use her words!

soymujer
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:08 PM

I teach my kids to respect their toys.  Some of them are expensive and we can't afford to replace them if they break it because they threw it out of anger.  And as someone else here has mentioned, what happens when they hit someone?

family in the van   Mom of four

iluvcallalilies
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:47 PM

It's no throwing here... small house, things can break, someone can get hurt, and it's easier to keep it that way when we aren't home too.

Click to join our group: Christian Celebrations

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)