• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rainy Day Activities!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:16 AM
  • 11 Replies

So we are in for a week of rain out here and I need fun and entertaining ideas for rainy days around the house!! Arts & Crafts, Games, and any ideas are a big help!! What are some of your faves?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1lamariposa
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:41 AM

My son is 23 months old and he loves to play with play doh i do sit with him so he wont eat it though lol! he also loves to paint and color.

Shy_Dia
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:51 AM

lol are you in ohio? cuz thats what we're expecting too! i have no idea what we're gonna be doing. i know chuck e cheese, and playareas from mcdonalds and the mall is in our forecast tho. other than that- no idea.

21 year old single mom of a 4 year old boy. Not sure exactly what kind of mom I am, but I get a chance to better myself everyday. My biggest goal for 2010 is to break out of my shell.

~~~ I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:08 AM

my daughter who is 26 months loves play doh too also finger paint and chalk.  We also have our own makeshift ball pit.  She also loves to make music by banging on stuff, harmonica, playing the piano, has a little recorder/flute and LOVES to jump on Mommy's bed!

MommaClark3
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:09 AM

hit the local mall's play area... TONS OF KIDS... trust me!

MommaClark3
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Quoting Shy_Dia:

lol are you in ohio? cuz thats what we're expecting too! i have no idea what we're gonna be doing. i know chuck e cheese, and playareas from mcdonalds and the mall is in our forecast tho. other than that- no idea.

here in California we've had rain... and more rain... and more rain... but bet yer rear end they'll pretend we're still in a lack for wter because some idiot let too much outta the damn???

natsmom34
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:46 AM

Rainy day activities~ My Daughter is 4 . When the weather is crappy here in Wisconsin. We play dress up ,play board games. We turn the music up and dance. We bake cookies and decorate them.  We make home made cards. We paint and when the pictures dry. I use them to make gift tags or thanks you.  We play movie theatre. We read. We role play . I let my daughter be the mommy and it's fun.

bhwrn1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:59 AM

Board games, make cookies or brownies and decorate, dye eggs red and pink for Valentines Day, make Valentine's Day cards from cut out hearts of pink, red and white. Have a silly clothes fashion show and take pictures and make a scrapbook.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

RobynS
by Robyn on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:26 AM

My sister gave DS a kit to make stepping stones. He made his first one over the weekend and LOVED it! He likes anything crafty and creative!

But if you wanna get moving, have your own little dance party! Get some dress-up clothes (feather boas, hats, etc.), put on some good music and boogie!! =)

mom2cindylouwho
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:28 AM

It was a rainy day for us yesterday ... so we built a fort out of furniture & blankets and had a picnic & played board games under it.  DD(3) thought it was sooo cool! LOL!

athenax3
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:30 AM

I let my little one go through old mags and cut out pics, lots and lots of them, then I let her glue them onto a shoebox (or "treasure box" as we call it, lol)- we add buttons, glitter, stickers, pretty much anything she can find or think of. She loves this. we also use these boxes to give gifts to loved ones like grandma, who loves getting her granddaughters artwork.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)