Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toys EVERYWHERE!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:04 AM
  • 9 Replies

What do you do with all the toys? How do you keep them organized? I am living in toy hell! My family room is nuts. I put toys in their room, give to charity, put them away, nothing works! It's nuts in my family room! Like a toy store!

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
chillemi78
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:40 AM

I took them out of the play room. I know, seems counter-productive, like why take them away if they are meant to play with? But I have them in the room next to our play area. My little guy, the day care kids, or friends can go pick out one thing to play with and when they are done, they can put the first thing back and get something else. It is saving my sanity. I was having such a hard time getting my 2 year old to pick up, he just wouldn't listen. This is working so much better. My living room is my playroom and all the toys are on a small bookshelf in the eating area of my kitchen, so its right there, just not within reach. Toys are no longer just dumped all over the floor.

Mandy

Plus-size-mommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:00 AM

We have lots of totes and baskets, everything gets picked up and thrown into one of those, cuts down on the clutter some lol!

2and2onway
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:06 AM

Our bottom floor of our house is an open plan. So you walk into our livingroom and the dining room is attatched. We use the dining room as a playroom/learning room so it need to stay kind of neat and clean. I have a few "musts", toys must fit in containers or you have too many, if I step on it, its trash, pick up after yourself.

Here are a few pics.

banneyrooster
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:08 AM

I am the same way!!!  Toys everywhere!  My  3 year old and 7 year old have toys even in the living room.  Toy boxes in the living room, 1, toy boxes in my room, 2, and then toy boxes in their room, 2!!  Trucks and big cars are laying in the corners cause they take up to much room in the toy boxes.  I usually dont want to get rid of the toys cause I like to pass the toys down to the youngers kids.  I mean alot of their toys I pay ALOT for and I hate to just trash them! 

But I really know what you mean about Toys being everywhere!  We have 6 kids and dont have much room anyway! LOL 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

RobynS
by Robyn on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:13 AM

I have a home day care, so we have extra toys just for that! We keep a lot tucked away in a closet in bins and every few weeks we rotate what's out there. That way, there's not to much out at once and the kids don't get bored.

stephs0105
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:26 AM

my kids toys are in the hallway it looks like a room though i put them in a big tote and a diaper box in the diaper box is nothing but the little toys those are the ones they always take out but its never a big mess unless other kids come over to play then theres toys everywhere

Image hosted by ImageShack
mom2cindylouwho
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:44 AM

I think we're pretty lucky in having an extra bedroom JUST for DD's toys.  At the same time, it tends to work against us because it's one of the bigger bedrooms, so more fits & we're less likely to go through them as often for give aways. 

We have an old entertainment center for her playroom TV, so there are a lot of shelves, etc to hold toys.  We also have toy hammocks, a big toy box and a lot of hooks to hold her dress-up clothes. 

bhwrn1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:20 AM

I do this. But what about the bigger toys that don't fit? We have these big trucks and some other items that are just not going to be fitting in a basket. I do have a toy box in the family room, but it's full! I should take a picture of the room to show you guys. It's insane!

Quoting Plus-size-mommy:

We have lots of totes and baskets, everything gets picked up and thrown into one of those, cuts down on the clutter some lol!

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

bhwrn1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:23 AM

Goodnes, your 3 and 7 year olds sound just like my 3 and 6 year olds. And the trucks? I totally know what you mean! They have a toy box in their room. I refuse to let toys in my room! That's my space! LOL! I think I may need to just take a weekend, send them away and reorganize the whole thing! I hate throwing things away unless they are broken. And, the granparents don't help b/c they keep buying more (despite me telling them NO!). UGH!

Quoting banneyrooster:

I am the same way!!!  Toys everywhere!  My  3 year old and 7 year old have toys even in the living room.  Toy boxes in the living room, 1, toy boxes in my room, 2, and then toy boxes in their room, 2!!  Trucks and big cars are laying in the corners cause they take up to much room in the toy boxes.  I usually dont want to get rid of the toys cause I like to pass the toys down to the youngers kids.  I mean alot of their toys I pay ALOT for and I hate to just trash them! 

But I really know what you mean about Toys being everywhere!  We have 6 kids and dont have much room anyway! LOL 

Lilypie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)