Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recycling

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:07 AM
  • 30 Replies

Do your kids understand recycling?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Griffinette
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:23 AM

my sons been geting the general idea that there are special things that go into these reusable bags that we have. Plastic. glass and what not. he knows that at the end of the weekwe take them to a special place "Recycling drop off" and we get to throw them all into the big bins. Thats just about it, but its important to me that he start to understand this process. And taht we need to do what we can to save the enviroment.

Plus-size-mommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:01 AM

*hangs head* We don't recycle around here, but we do explain to him about wasting water :)

sunshinemama86
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:19 AM

she wants to recycle everything but other then that i think she gets the basic idea.

RobynS
by Robyn on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:20 AM

Oh yes! DS loves the idea of recycling. Even when he eats something small like a Hershey's kiss, he says, "Is this wrapper foil? Can it go in the recycle bin?"

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:25 AM

As well as they can at 4 and 5 years old. They know what the recycling symbol looks like and they know that it means that we take the items to the dump and they get used to make new items.

We try and teach them to be responsible and to take care of our plant and each other.

"An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a
church. An Atheist believes that deed must be done instead of a prayer
said. An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into
death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanished, war eliminated."

- Justin Brown

mom2cindylouwho
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:48 AM

To our surprise, yes!  She knows what goes in the green box & what goes in the trash.  I don't remember teaching her.  She picked it up somehow. 

bhwrn1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Awesome start at being more green!

Quoting Griffinette:

my sons been geting the general idea that there are special things that go into these reusable bags that we have. Plastic. glass and what not. he knows that at the end of the weekwe take them to a special place "Recycling drop off" and we get to throw them all into the big bins. Thats just about it, but its important to me that he start to understand this process. And taht we need to do what we can to save the enviroment.

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

bhwrn1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:13 AM

That's great, too! Why don't you recycle?

Quoting Plus-size-mommy:

*hangs head* We don't recycle around here, but we do explain to him about wasting water :)

Lilypie

bhwrn1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:15 AM

LOL! My kids are the same way. We have compost, garbage, commingled recycling and paper. They run around dropping things in the right bins! It's too funny. My oldest is really into it!

Quoting RobynS:

Oh yes! DS loves the idea of recycling. Even when he eats something small like a Hershey's kiss, he says, "Is this wrapper foil? Can it go in the recycle bin?"

Lilypie

bhwrn1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Terrific! You go momma!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

As well as they can at 4 and 5 years old. They know what the recycling symbol looks like and they know that it means that we take the items to the dump and they get used to make new items.

We try and teach them to be responsible and to take care of our plant and each other.

Lilypie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)