Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are You Early or Late?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:31 AM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: Are you an early bird? Or always late? Or somewhere in between?

Options:

Always early!

On time, but not TOO early

A little late

LATE

Often late, but on time when it really counts!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 45

View Results

Do you show up early or are you always running late?

I tend to run behind. But when it comes to getting my kiddo to pre-school, I'm always on time if not a little bit early. It's pre-school, so there's no bell and it's not like they're sitting in desks or taking tests or anything. But it's still SCHOOL and I think it's important to be on time.

One of DS's classmates is late EVERY day. You'd think it's none of my business, but this child happens to be one of my day care kids. He has severe food issues (phobia, not allergies) so he brings his lunch. If he got to school on time, I could bring the lunch home with me and we wouldn't have to worry about him forgetting it at school (in which case, my hubby has to go all the way back to get it).

Anyway, that's why it affects me. And I often think, they KNOW they are consistently 15-20 minutes late EVERY day. So, why not correct that by starting the day 15-20 minutes earlier? It just seems simple to me.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sophiesmom07
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:34 AM

I'm always late!  I've been late since I was s kid, it's been a hard habit to brake!  I was late to my own wedding, lol.  I hope I can get my act together because I don't want my dd to pick up the same habit.  ( I got it from my mom.)

gilbertgrl627
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:41 AM

lol, Well, there wasn't an option for me b/c it's really a mixed bag. After my DD was first born, it took some getting used to (the amount of time required to get ready). Then, we got better at it and were hardly ever late (except when there was an explosive diaper). In August I had my DS, and we're back to how it was before. lol. Now we have TWO kids to get ready, so that's taking some getting used to. lol. But, I think we're better at it then before.

07lilmama1108
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:57 AM

My days vary COMPLETELY! One day I could be an hour early (no idea how, it just ends up that way) and another 10 mins late (which will get you cancelled for a dr apt!) I've always shown up early but after having dd it's gotten worse! I seriously spend an hour packing her bag with snacks, diapers, water, juice, wipes, her potty training seat, toys, and a lunch if need be! And then I show up early so I make sure we get there on time for us to sit, calm down from running and eat or play! Weird, I KNOW! but now that DH is home from Iraq, it's been a lot easier and I usually get to my apts on time (maybe 15 mins early!).

MommaTasha1003
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:10 AM

I use to always be late, having dd made it worse for a while, now she is 3yo & here recently ive been doing great about being on time or 5min early.. GO ME!! lol

Plus-size-mommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:10 AM

I'm always late! DH tells me all the time that I'll be late for my own funeral lol.

Even if I start early, I still end up late cause I get distracted so easily lol!!

bhwrn1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:18 AM

I used to be early all the time until I had kids. Now I am usually on time. Sometimes I am a bit late and I hate that. Especially when I think that I have given myself more than enough time to get where I need to be!

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

lizmarie1975
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:21 AM

If my SO isn't with me, I'm always on time...I have to force myself NOT to be early.

If my SO is with me...I'm lucky if I get there 30 minutes past the start time.  He thinks that everyone revolves around his lazy self. 

meagansmommy07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:23 AM

I'm always early..really early! My husband is always late...he couldn't be on time if his life depended on it..It's completely horrible, it drives him crazy that I always want to be early and it drives me crazy that he can't manage to ever be on time...

Kara

Mommy to Meagan Marie

Join us on

The Preschool Group
Preschool Group Mod

seaniesmommie87
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:23 AM

I am always on time. When I first got with my df and his boys, they were late for school at least once a week. Now they are early for everything. I have them on a schedule and it works great.

AMsMommy212
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:32 AM

HAHA.. Im one of those in the OP.. I get to work at 8:12 8:14 every day. BUT-- It doesnt seem to matter if I get up at 5:30 or 6:00 I am STILL late. Luckily I dont get in trouble b/c my step-Dad is my boss and I work thrugh lunch nearly everyday--- BUT aside from the MORNING.. I am generally early to everything else (Dr. Appointments, dinner plans, family gatherings, etc..) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)