Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids Haircuts

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:09 PM
  • 27 Replies

At what age did your child(ren) get their first haircut? Did you take them to a special place? How often do they get it cut now?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

ā€œMeditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.ā€  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Eviesmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:17 PM

A friend of mine cut her bangs for the first time when she was 18 months old. We did it while she was sleeping. After that, I'd trim them periodically  to keep them out of her face. She's 3 now, and we just did take her to get a "real" haircut last month. It was getting too shaggy in the front and back, and I wanted to even it out, but I didn't wanna do it myself and butcher it. We took her to great cuts, and they did a fantastic job.

JenniL05
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Max was 2 1/2 when he got his first hair cut. He had the most adorable baby curls and I wanted to hold on to them as long as possible! ;) He turned three in October and has had three haircuts so far. I still keep it a tad longer, not long but not buzzed either. We go to my hair place, that way he gets to watch Mami first.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:49 PM

My son was about to turn 1 when he got his first haircut. He is 5 now and we go every 6 weeks or so. Pretty much when I can't stand looking at it anymore. He does great, we take him the same place we go.

My daughter has never had a real haircut. A trim once but that was it.

"An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a
church. An Atheist believes that deed must be done instead of a prayer
said. An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into
death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanished, war eliminated."

- Justin Brown

ange01430
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Haiden was about 21 months old when we took him. It was starting to colver his ears, so we decided it was time. We took him to Great Clips and they did a great job. Haiden was really good too. He didn't wiggle or move at all. I was very proud of him.

BabyNamey.com Name Badge
RobynS
by Robyn on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:18 PM

DS was about 14 months and his hair was VERY long. He couldn't even see! But we hated to get it cut... he looked so grown up all of a sudden.

We took to a place where he got to sit in a little firetruck and he got to pick out a video to watch (Elmo). He didn't even realize someone was cutting his hair. He LOVED it.

Now we don't have a place like that and DD is due for HER first haircut. I'm not sure what we're going to do...

bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Awww...I wish I could get my monkey's hair cut!!! Her hair is almost down to her butt when it's wet, but it's so curly that when it's dry it's just above her shoulders. At this rate, she'll NEVER need a haircut! (Oh...she's almost 3!!)

laura7485
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:30 PM

My Ava is 3 and just got her first real hair cut about 2 weeks ago. I HATE it! It looks all wrong and I know if I try to fix it, I will mess it up even more. We have been cutting their bangs for a while now, but I am really disappointed in the actual hair cut that my dd got.

armymomof2brats
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:37 PM

My daughter was1 and my son was 15 months. My daughter we take maybe every 6 months. My son we take about ever 6 weeks.  He is due for one right now, but he has a hard time with them and the buzzers. But he is getting better.

Lilypie - (MLRj)

preview image

Lilypie - (pih2)

sophiesmom07
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:39 PM

My dd was 2, I did it myself. It didn't come out too good.  She hasn't ahd a haircut since and I will never cut her hair myself again! I would like to take her to a stylist but I don't think she will sit still for it.

arthistmom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Our son was just a little over two years old when he got his first haircut. We took him to a place that specializes in children because this is one task that I would gladly leave to experts. He gets his haircut every 8 weeks or so, a schedule that my husband and I also somewhat follow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)