Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Help with mornings!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:13 PM
  • 4 Replies

My dd is not a morning person. She goes to daycare and doesnt get home till close to 7 therefore doesnt go to bed till around 9. I dont want to change this as that I the only time i get with her.

So here is the problem...she doesnt like to get up. She fights and cries and wont get dressed. I live with my parents as I am disabled and can only do so much. I would like to help out. How? any suggestions? Her dad was the same way growing up. His mom would threaten to throw water on him. I tried that today and well that went down the tubes. Lol.

Thanks

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SFMommyof3_2007
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Waking little ones up when they want to sleep and you want your Mommy time can be so hard.   Perhaps your little one needs more sleep during the day.  Can they give her a longer nap at daycare?  None of my kids like to be waken up in the morning, but when I have needed to do it - I try to do it gently.  I bet you have already tried this, but I do things like kiss their toes or gently stroke their hands.  I don't always get positive results, but I often do. 

RobynS
by Robyn on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:26 PM

How about one of the alarm clock lamp thingies that wakes them up gradually? The light glows brighter and brighter until it's all the way on. But it's slow, like the sunrise. Maybe even some favorite music (soft though, not too 'in-your-face') might help her mood and get her moving.

Good luck!

fairymom2316
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:01 PM

When my daughter started going to PreK, she had a hard time waking up in the mornings. I started putting children's music on the radio and they would end up getting up by themselves, dancing & singing! =)

Kim24kids
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:27 AM

My youngest daughter is the same way and no matter what we do she often wakes up crabby=(

I like the kids music idea=) My girls LOVE to sing & dance!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)