Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The quiet.....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:28 PM
  • 8 Replies

Who else here LOVES the quiet of naptime?

My son is actually sleeping and my daughter is playing very quietly in her room (she's pretending to be napping) and the baby I watch is passed out in the jumper.

Love the quiet. =D

sleep

"An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a
church. An Atheist believes that deed must be done instead of a prayer
said. An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into
death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanished, war eliminated."

- Justin Brown

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
briannasmom2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:30 PM

oh yes,naptime is the best time of the day!!!!! lol

lolamac
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:32 PM

While quiet is great....it's also scary...LOL Makes me wonder sometimes what they're up to or getting into.

photomommi
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:34 PM

I LOVE quiet time. My boys are so energetic and loud that I would go insane if I didn't have an hour for naptime and two hours after they fall asleep at night. I am a very quiet person, I don't really talk unless I have to. My husband is outgoing and loud(as well as his family) and my boys get that from them. So I agree with you on naptime=)

Kam06
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:01 PM

I soo miss nap time! My daughter stopped taking a nap a while ago. She won't even lay in her bed without crying and throwing a fit.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

RobynS
by Robyn on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:22 PM

My kids don't nap! I almost had to look up the word quiet in the dictionary to see what you were talking about! LOL

Even as an infant, DS would only sleep for 20 minutes at a time. DD takes one 1-hour nap, but only on the nursing pillow (on my lap) just after she nurses. If I try to move her AT ALL, she wakes up. Three of my day care kids sleep, so I guess that's my noise reduction time, but I wouldn't call it quiet.

Enjoy yours! I'll have quiet again someday when my kids are both in school... and then I'm sure I'll miss the noise.

justanotherjen
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:58 PM

What is this quiet you speak of?

My kids haven't napped in years.  At least not all of them and not at the same time.  My older 3 are in school all day but my 3yo refuses to nap during the day.

I, personally, tried to take a nap this morning.  I'm 14 weeks pregnant and just tired all the time.  I couldn't keep my eyes open and fell asleep watching TV at 9:30am (got up at 6:15am).  I told her several times I needed to sleep and she said, "okay, Mommy, I can be quiet and watch TV".  Yeah, right.  Any other time she could sit there for hours and watch without making a sound but the day I NEED a nap she has to be needy and wake me up every 10 minutes.  She gave me a migraine (I get them when I'm woken suddenly from a deep sleep, especially repeatedly).  Ugh.

But quiet...the only time it is ever quiet in the house is after everyone is asleep (that's between 9-11pm depending on when my husband goes to sleep).  That's when I finally relax.

bhwrn1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:22 PM

I love it but it rarely happens b/c if one is sleeping, the other one is awake. And my oldest doesn't nap! I prefer the quiet of bedtime! LOL!

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:31 PM

It was over way to soon but it was nice while it lasted.

"An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a
church. An Atheist believes that deed must be done instead of a prayer
said. An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into
death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanished, war eliminated."

- Justin Brown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)