• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hair Cut 911 please help!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:30 PM
  • 7 Replies

This is Matthew. He is 2. And needs a hair cut. We are stuck on what to do. Its in his eyes and getting really thin in the back. Does anyone have a similar situation and can help us out??   

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
igot2crazyboys
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:33 PM

when our boys hit 1yrs old we buzzed it all off. now they get it cut (as my hubby calls it) high and tight. they need a hair cut now cause it is alittle over there ears.  you can always just get it trimmed so that its not in his eyes.

CarisaD
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:35 PM

you could just go with a simple boy cut.  that's how we started with our son when he was 17 months old....although he didn' t have near the lovely locks that yours possesses.  he was getting a serious mullet thing.  it came in long on top and in the back, but with hardly anything on the sides. at first, we didn't cut it because of his curls.  once they were gone, it wasn't hard to keep his hair short.  it grows in every which way and gets fluffy once it starts getting any length to it.  good luck!

Mckandzee
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:38 PM

if you want to keep it long but want it to seem thincker just trim it a lil in the back and trim the front until out of his eyes, if you do not want to do it yourself find a barber who works with children....to do it yourself find a movie or book that your son enjoys to keep him occupied, trimming it down short makes it come in a little thicker, we noticed that with our daughter.....(she had a fruit snack incodent) Now she has full beautiful long hair....and she is only two 

RobynS
by Robyn on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Aww! He is so cute. I love his hair!! We had a hard time getting DS's hair cut the first time. I didn't want it cut off!

Personally, I would go with a standard boy cut. I'm not a big fan of crew cuts or buzz cuts on little boys. It just grows them up too fast!

THE_BITCH_4
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:38 PM

aww thanks moms i am thinking of trimming it myself so wish me luck i will post pics when its done. 

Kim24kids
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:58 PM

awww can't wait to see the pics=)

Don't forget to save a lock and put it in his baby book=)

Quoting THE_BITCH_4:

Awwww thanks moms i am thinking of trimming it myself so wish me luck i will post pics when its done. 

JenniL05
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:17 PM

My son had similar hair only his was super super thick! It got to where it was pulling the curls out so we got him his first big boy cut this past summer. I cried of course but I still think it's adorable. This is what we did...

Before:

After:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)