Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Family Friendly Recipies

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2010 at 11:00 PM
  • 201 Replies
2 moms liked this

I was thinking that we could post our favorite recipies or combination of meals that the whole family enjoys. Then when we need more ideas for our families we could reference this thread. I personally plan my meals a month in advance, so this would give me an opportunity to add some new items to my menu. Ill add some of our favorites soon.

by on Feb. 3, 2010 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
winterj
by on Feb. 3, 2010 at 11:12 PM
3 moms liked this

chessey chicken and rice

its so easy all you do is make the white long grain rice according to directions on the back and boil 4 chicken breast(boneless skinless) till done. then in a 9x13 baking dish mix together 1 can of cream of chicken and 1 can of cheese soup by campbells with a splash of milk when rice and chicken are done just chop up chicken into chucks and mix everything together grate about 1 cup cheader for the top cover with foil and bake on 350 for 30 min or till cheese on top is melted. you can add salas to the soup mixs for a little extra spice if wanted

4time-mom
by on Feb. 4, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Spaghetti (lately they prefer my weird homemade sauce to store-bought sauce)

Tater tot casserole (*I* brown 2 lbs hamburger & drain, mix in 3 cans of green beans, 2 cans of cream of celery, spread in a pan, top with 2.5 lbs of tater tots, and bake for about 90 minutes at 400 - sometimes I put shredded cheese on before the tater tots)

Potato soup (chop potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, bell peppers, simmer til done, drain half the water, make a roux & mix in, add milk & shredded cheese & ham or bacon, mix, heat through)

Breakfast (pancakes or waffles, eggs, bacon or sausage, fruit)

Cheesy tuna mac (2 boxes velveeta shells & cheese, cooked according to directions, stir in 1 can cream of celery, 1lb frozen peas, a couple packets of tuna, spread in greased 9x13, top with crushed crackers & drizzles of melted butter, bake til crackers are crisp)

hotdish (cook pasta, cook hamburger & drain, mix together with corn & cream of celery, season with pepper, onion, whatever - pretty basic, plain, but the kids all love it, my mom used to make various versions of this all the time when I was little)

Hunter stew - not the healthiest but quick, easy, and filling (cook 2 lbs hamburger & drain. Mix in 2 cans of mixed veggies, 2 cans of green beans {we've done beans & corn too, either way is good}, 4 cans of canned spaghetti {like chef boyardee, but I use a generic}. Heat through, serve with bread. Definitely overkill with sodium but we only have it a couple times a year!)

I'll post more when I think of it - it's late and I just can't think of what else the whole family eats with no argument!

krystlewv
by on Feb. 4, 2010 at 7:04 AM
4 moms liked this

Easy homemade Pot Pies

2 frozen pie crusts

1 can vege all

1 can cream of chicken soup

chopped canned chicken (if you want)

Put all ingredients in pie shell, put 2nd shell on top and bake according to pie shell instructions. Its yummy and so easy!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 4, 2010 at 7:08 AM

So easy and sounds yummy. I am sure all of my family would eat this!

Quoting winterj:

chessey chicken and rice

its so easy all you do is make the white long grain rice according to directions on the back and boil 4 chicken breast(boneless skinless) till done. then in a 9x13 baking dish mix together 1 can of cream of chicken and 1 can of cheese soup by campbells with a splash of milk when rice and chicken are done just chop up chicken into chucks and mix everything together grate about 1 cup cheader for the top cover with foil and bake on 350 for 30 min or till cheese on top is melted. you can add salas to the soup mixs for a little extra spice if wanted

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 4, 2010 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I do something similar but I use cooked chicken breasts cut into small pieces and crescent roll to cover the top. I have also used corn bread and have heard it's great with stuffing on top, as well.

Quoting krystlewv:

Easy homemade Pot Pies

2 frozen pie crusts

1 can vege all

1 can cream of chicken soup

chopped canned chicken (if you want)

Put all ingredients in pie shell, put 2nd shell on top and bake according to pie shell instructions. Its yummy and so easy!

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

krystlewv
by on Feb. 4, 2010 at 7:32 AM

Cornflake Candy or Haystacks

2 cups light karo syrup

1 cup of sugar

3 cups PB

6 cups cornflakes

Heat sugar and karo together on stove until sugar is melted, add pb, then add cornflakes. Make sure pot is big enough to stir in flakes. Fold in, dont stir to crush flakes. If mix is too wet add some more flakes. Put out alumnium for and drop my spoonfuls. Let cool.

They last 2 seconds at my house! 

2and2onway
by on Feb. 4, 2010 at 8:29 AM

bump

FrogSalad
by on Feb. 4, 2010 at 8:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Teriyaki meat loaf

1 egg

½ cup Teriyaki baste and glaze

¼ cup plain bread crumbs

½ teaspon garlic-pepper blend

1 lb. Extra lean ground beef

Combine ingredients and spoon into a loaf pan. Bake at 350 for approx. 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink.

(You can find the baste and glaze sauce in the same aisle as regular teriyaki sauce and soy sauce)

rennez
by on Feb. 4, 2010 at 8:38 AM
2 moms liked this

Cheeseburger Casserole.  Brown ground turkey breast, add one onion, some garlic, salt, pepper, ketchup and mustard.  Then add one can tomato sauce and let simmer a bit.  dump into casserole and top with low fat cheese, then low fat crescent rolls.  Bake accdg to crescent roll package.  Delish!

Jemia
by Shekella on Feb. 4, 2010 at 9:16 AM

These all sound so good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)