Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my son starts preschool tomorrow, lil nervous.

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 6:01 PM
  • 18 Replies

My son john starts preschool tomorrow, iam a lil nervous because hes never been in someone eles care other then his father, me and his grandparents.  Also because he is a hemophiliac, he is not severe though.  We went to visit the school on friday its very nice they have alot of staff.  I gave the director pamphlets on his blood disorder so they have an understanding of what their dealing with, and what to do if their is a bad injury.  Hes only going 2 half days a week.  He has no other siblings and is not used to being around other kids his age, thas one of the main reasons why i chose this for him. How well will he benefit from this?  Do u see a differrence?  Id like to hear from other moms how their kids benefitted form preschool.

by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krystlewv
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 6:08 PM

My little one goes to daycare and its been great for him. We live in an area with no neighbors with kids so its great that he gets to play and learn how to deal with other kids. He absolutely loves it. Its good that its only 2 half days, that will get him adjusted without taking to much time away from you. I am sure he will do fine. It sounds like you have picked a good school, and educating them on his condition is great. First days always make us nervous, sometimes we are more nervous and have a harder time adjusting than our little ones. Big hugs to you! 

FrogSalad
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Mine hasn't started preschool yet but does go to daycare.  He loves to play with kids his own age.  There are some things grownups just can't understand. 

Azita888
by Member on Feb. 15, 2010 at 6:19 PM

My DD started preschool last November, she also prior to this never been watched by someone other than family, she goes M-F 8-11.  She loves going to school, I see that she is more talkative now and is learning to play with other kids, her art skills have greatly improved and she is much better at playing in the playground structures.  She also has become a better eater and more willing to try new foods (they feed them breakfast as part of her program).  I think it's helping her to be more independent, she still gets shy around other kids though but she is getting better.

baby growth

baby
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 15, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Personally, I am happy that my kids have gone to daycare/pre-school/pre-K. I think it has made them much more social. I have several cousins who did not send their kids to any kind of program and the kids were not very social. They clung to mommy and daddy and didn't really like to play much with others. Once they started their programs, I saw such a difference in them and their willingness to be social. I think it's a great opportunity for kids to socialize and learn skills that their peers know.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

RobynS
by Robyn on Feb. 15, 2010 at 9:49 PM

That's what DS did last year--2 half days per week. He LOVED it!! This year is 3 half days per week. Next fall, all-day kindergarten (*sniff!*)

I really do think it's good for them in a lot of ways--socialization, following a routine, not to mention all the things they work on, like basic writing skills, learning their phone number, etc. It's a great stepping stone to kindergarten!! =)

loriscadd
by on Feb. 16, 2010 at 10:39 AM

So, how'd it go? DD just started in November so I remember her first day well.  She's also an only child so I was calling every family member that would talk to me to distract me from the quiet house.  It gets easier for both of you as time goes on.  She has definitely benefitted from the program.  She goes M-Th 7:30 - 11:30.  She's learning how to write her numbers which we hadn't worked on at home yet and I was so shocked that they were legible.  LOL.  She seems way more social when we go to parks and what not now.  We actually started her to get help with her speech and that seems to be her favorite part.  Everyday she asks, "Do I have speech tomorrow?"  She cannot wait to go to kindergarten now.  I was so glad we got her in.

pamelalambert
by on Feb. 16, 2010 at 10:49 AM

My daughter started preschool monday. SHe has never stayed with anyone except me, her father and grandparents. She only goes 3 days a week from 8-12. She seems to be enjoying it alot and enjoying the time spent playing with other kids. I was very nevous at first but after she came home yesterday talking all about it I am not worried any longer.

robertmommy
by on Feb. 16, 2010 at 10:54 AM

my  son  goes to pre-k  and he absoulty loves it .  He  goes  Monday - Friday      ,  i feel that     it has been a big help  , he already knew alot be4  he want tho   but they have taught him  how to count to a 100 , and spell  his  name. So yeah  i feel  that it has helped him out alot .

luvmybabe256
by on Feb. 16, 2010 at 11:12 AM

My daughter started preschool this year,  she goes for 2 1/2 hours everyday.  I was nervous before she started also.  She was an only child, she has a 3 month old brother now, but she wasn't around other children much.  She was always with either myself or my husband.  I didn't know how she would react.  I was prepared for a lot of tears, but she did just fine.  She did cry some after about a week or so, but the tears didn't last long; just a few minutes after I left.  It really is harder on you then it is for your child.  She is doing great,  she has learned a lot of the alphabet.  She loves to draw and paint, and I have seen a big improvement in her drawing skills.  She is still shy around the other kids, but she has made a lot of friends, and they all treat her just great.  They take her by the hand and get her to join in.

samismomtabbi
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 2:42 AM

Wow, it seems like im the only one who has a problem with my kid NOT wanting to go to preschool :( It's really upsetting to me and i dont know what to do. She was an only child, never played w/ any other kids and I decided to take her. She went for a while and like it at first then she just started to dread going. She would not get out of the car! So I tried again the next year, shedid fine at first. Then I got pregnant with her little bro. and she was so excited. She did not want to go to school and when she did she would just cry and scream and pitch a big fit and yell mommy no! which broke my heart. Then when I had to start going to the doctor every other week she refused to go to school and when she did go they would call me and I would have to come pick her up because she would cry so much! Now her brother is here and she hasnt been to school since October. But  she really needs togo so she can be with other kids her age cuz she never has n e body to play with. Someone help me figure out what to do please!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)