Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shows or cartoons you watched that you would like your kids to watch?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:36 AM
  • 10 Replies

I loved my cartoons as a kid so I'd get a kick out of her watching these! I loved the Smurfs, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Scooby doo and the Muppets.  She watches I love Lucy with me (hee hee) I'd like her to someday watch Little house on the Prairie it's just such a sweet show. 

What were your favorites as a kid?

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Rainbow Brite, Smurfs, JEM, Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, My Little Pony.  She watches them all except for JEM because we don't have any of the shows on dvd.

torttia
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:40 AM

I loved smurfs and muppets too! Most of my favorites are not on anymore :( I loved Who's afraid of the dark and all that. My son is 11 months and watches busy town with me.

Bryanas_mom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:03 PM

I would love for her to be able to watch Fragle Rock! I LOVED that show as a kid:) Also, smurfs were cool, and so were muppett babies:) I pretty much loved anything on Nickelodeon and Disney channel. :) Some of the shoes that are on today I dont even begin to understand! :)

Jerry & Ashley  Alecia(11) Thomas(9)    Bryana(1)

http://suveysjerry.webs.com

Kam06
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:04 PM

My fav's were Rugrats, Doug, Ahh real monsters, Hey arnold, Are you afraid of the dark, Ren and Stimpy(when shes older though), Banana's in pajamas...thats all I can think of.

Javi05Eli07
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:09 PM

My boys already watch most of them.  They love the old cartoons, even black and white ones.  They love watching MASH.  They haven't seen Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers, Duck Tales, Smurfs, or the Gummy Bears but I am pretty sure they would love those ones too.

alyssasmom11007
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:42 PM

She watches most everything I used to..Care Bears (still have some from when I was kid), Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony, Smurfs, Tom n Jerry, Scooby Doo, Woody Wood Pecker, there's another one and I can't think of what it's called but there's Pixies in it and she rides a horse and has really long beautiful blonde hair.

Kellyjude1
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:57 PM

My son and I love watching Calliou.  I used to love Little Bear but that does not come on anymore. 

prettymama72106
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:01 PM

my kids love little house on the prairie they got addicted when my grandma visited but I loved care bears rainbow bright my little pony the knomes the gummi bears muppets fraggle rock yougi bear smurfs snorks ect. My kids actually watch all of these because i got them on dvd and they prefer the old cartoons to the new ones. I would much rather they watch these ones then the newer ones anyway. They just don't make cartoons like they use to it really a shame

LyssaLeigh723
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Quoting Kellyjude1:

My son and I love watching Calliou.  I used to love Little Bear but that does not come on anymore. 

its not on anymore?! i swear it was on noggin (nick jr) just a few months ago? did they stop it?

mlg871
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:04 PM

I LOVED the Muppets!!  That and the smurfs and scooby doo. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)