Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Terrible 3's

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:20 PM
  • 6 Replies

How do I get my 3 year old to stop repeating the same thing over and over.  I have already tried ignoring him.  Nothing seems to work!!  Help!

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
aidensema
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:21 PM

omg my son does the very same thing. very annoying. i tell him "i heard you the first time, please stop" and than we are done.

jenn210830
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:22 PM

i think they all go through that....i remember when my cousins lil girl who was probably about 3 at the time use to ask over and over again whats that...why...how...over and over and over again...my 2 yr old asks whats that whats that and he repeats other random stuff over and over again too...ive learned to block it out lol they'll eventually grow out of it

krystlewv
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:28 PM

Shane is 4 and he does the same thing. It drives me nuts. I say ignore it because if you dont he is getting the attention he wants. Good Luck, I dont have any suggestions. I think its a phase.

FrogSalad
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:10 PM

I think my ignore button is getting a lot of exercise lately.  The repeating every thing I say, the back talk, etc.

DS hates it when I won't engage with him.  It drives him as crazy as his repeating drives me. 

All I can say is ignore it as best you can.  I will also tell him, "I'm not talking to you any more until you quit repeating me."  That way he knows why I' not talking to him.

silveradogirl
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Its normal lol Mine does that too its just them trying to get there thought together i think. He will grow out of it.

la_bella_vita
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Yes, my daughter does this and she is 3!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)