Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nose Picking

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:39 AM
  • 19 Replies

How do you break kids of that habit? It's so gross. I keep telling DS to get a tissue, get out what needs to come out and then wash his hands. Next thing I know, in goes the finger and then straight to his mouth. Eeeewww!!

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhwrn1
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:43 AM

I would love to know! My 3 y/o does it and eats it. He says he likes it! UGH!

Kim24kids
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Lmao...if you figure it out let me know. My son tells me it keeps him from getting cavities ...BLEKKK throwing up

2and2onway
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:48 AM

I dont know because the twins eat them too and I wanna puke.

bhwrn1
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:54 AM

LOL! Really? Where the heck did he come up with that?

Quoting Kim24kids:

Lmao...if you figure it out let me know. My son tells me it keeps him from getting cavities ...BLEKKK throwing up

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

bhwrn1
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:55 AM

I think kids just eat boggers! LOL! I am guessing they grow out of it when their friends start making fun of them! My oldest never did it.

lilblufrog
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:59 AM

Trinity just gets her boogies out and tries to hand it to me. That's when I go get a tissue. Hopefully she will catch on soon.

bhwrn1
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:36 AM

The other night when I went to say goodnight to my 3 y/o, he was handing me something. When I stuck my hand out he gave me a booger! LOL! Gross!

Quoting lilblufrog:

Trinity just gets her boogies out and tries to hand it to me. That's when I go get a tissue. Hopefully she will catch on soon.

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Kida-Beth
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:04 PM

My 2 1/2 sticks that little finger up there when he gets really nervous.  No idea why but that's his thing.  He did pick his first boogie the other day and it totally freaked him out.  We tell him that the little green things on the Mucinex commercial are boogies so I guess he thought one of those was on his finger.  It didn't last long because the next one he got out he was rolling on the floor laughing.

RobynS
by Robyn on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Sometimes I don't think there is anything in DS's nose. It really is just a habit. When I say, "Don't pick!" He very quickly touches his finger to his tongue--like he's hiding evidence or something. Ugh.

bhwrn1
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:47 PM

LOL!

Quoting RobynS:

Sometimes I don't think there is anything in DS's nose. It really is just a habit. When I say, "Don't pick!" He very quickly touches his finger to his tongue--like he's hiding evidence or something. Ugh.

Lilypie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)