Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Using Mechanical Devices

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:28 AM
  • 16 Replies

Have your LOs figured out how to use mechanical devices like DVD layers, CD players, remote controls?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PRMommy86
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:32 AM

DS is 3 yrs and knows how to turn on all the tvs w/wo the remote. Turns on the cable box, turns on the dvd player and puts in movies lol. And knows how to use our computer [even though hes NOT allowed to touch it lol].

mirandapanda
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:32 AM

my 4 almost 5 yr old can work the tv, dvd player, ps2, and grab my cell phone that is a my touch and play bubble wrap.if she sees how u do it, she can do it too

Kida-Beth
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Oh Yes.  Griffin is 2 1/2 and he knows more than his daddy.  All you have to do is show him once and Ta-Da!  He's always been like that.  The joke is that if you can't figure it out, give it to Griffin.  Sad thing is, he really does figure it out long before you do.

FrogSalad
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:58 AM

LOL, yes.  It's scary.  He tells me exactly how to navigate to his favorite games on the computer.  He hasn't figured out how to load a VHS tape or DVD disc but he knows which buttons to push to start them.  We've never let him use the remote otherwise I'm sure he'd understand those, too.

RobynS
by Robyn on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:12 PM

DS is just now starting to do a few things with the remote. He's always been very good about asking first, so he never really had the chance to play with it and figure it out before.

He's a computer whiz, though. Learned the mouse very quickly at about age 2 1/2 and plays all sorts of online games, etc.

RobynS
by Robyn on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Side Note: When I saw the title, I wondered if this was going to be an (ahem) adult post! LOL!!

justanotherjen
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Not really.  Our DVD player is broken so we watch movies using the xbox which the kids aren't supposed to touch.  She only knows how to use some of the remote if the TV is set up right (we have different lists of channels for different people and if it's on the kids' list she is good to go).  She can change channels, change the volume and pause and rewind the DVR.

She isn't allowed to touch the CD player but we rarely ever use that.  My husband plays music on his computer.  The kids aren't allowed to touch the computers.

She does know how to use the DS and has her own game that she loves to play.  And she can make toast in the toaster without burning herself.

She'll be 4 next month.

bhwrn1
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:42 PM

My middle son is like this. Sometimes it's bad news b/c he figures out how to get into stuff he shouldn't!

Quoting Kida-Beth:

Oh Yes.  Griffin is 2 1/2 and he knows more than his daddy.  All you have to do is show him once and Ta-Da!  He's always been like that.  The joke is that if you can't figure it out, give it to Griffin.  Sad thing is, he really does figure it out long before you do.

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

bhwrn1
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:43 PM

LOL! We can make a post for that if you like! LOL!

Quoting RobynS:

Side Note: When I saw the title, I wondered if this was going to be an (ahem) adult post! LOL!!

Lilypie

krystlewv
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Shane is great at things like that! He just cant use the DVR. :-) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)