Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Went shopping by myself this morning... (just a vent)

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:04 PM
  • 12 Replies

I hit all the consignment shops, then went to 2 grocery stores. Walmart was my last stop. They had clearance and I just couldnt resist. It helped that I had an extra $50 bucks. Well, I left at 9 and Curtis stayed home with Shane. When I wasnt home by 12 he called me wanting to know where I was. He sounded all shitty. I wanted to yell into the phone..."I have things I need to do. We need to eat, we need to wipe our ass, we need clean clothes. So what if your home with Shane and you have no vehicle, get used to it, I did!" Well, it took me 4 hours of shopping but I had the best time. I got to browse the books, read labels and just look! I am not one bit sorry that he had to put his day on hold a few hours because I had the van. TOUGH SHIT!

Right now he is gone, he had to go look at a job and the man called about the vehicle I want to buy. I think we are going to get it. Its a 2003 Ford Excursion, used but I wont have a payment.

I just cant believe he tried to make me feel bad about being gone 4 hours. It would have been different if I was out running around with nothing to do, but I was grocery shopping and buying household items! UGH, MEN!

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhwrn1
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Men suck, sometimes. Sorry momma. Glad that you did get some time to yourself, though.

LOVE_mygirls58
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:18 PM

booo that sucks..my DH use to be like that.until i turned off my phone and left him with the kids haha..

FrogSalad
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:51 PM

What?  He had to watch his own children for a few hours?  Aren't the the ones that think it's not "real" work? 

DISCLAIMER:  I know some men aren't like this, but let's face it:  a good portion of them are.

krystlewv
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Quoting FrogSalad:

What?  He had to watch his own children for a few hours?  Aren't the the ones that think it's not "real" work? 

DISCLAIMER:  I know some men aren't like this, but let's face it:  a good portion of them are.

The disclaimer cracked me up! Shame on me having him watch his own child!

laughing

pregowithfifth
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:33 PM

My hubby used to do that till I just got fed up I had only been gone for about an hour and a half (it takes 45 minutes to get to town) I am at walmart he calls and says what is taking you so long so I told him I was on my way home.  I checked out without getting everything on my list.  Well 3 days later he is sitting on his throne and yelling where is the TP?  I calmly opened the door and told him that he thought I was taking to long to shop so I came straight home without getting everything we needed.  Needless to say I can now spend hours in town doing the shopping and having some me time.

krystlewv
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Quoting pregowithfifth:

My hubby used to do that till I just got fed up I had only been gone for about an hour and a half (it takes 45 minutes to get to town) I am at walmart he calls and says what is taking you so long so I told him I was on my way home.  I checked out without getting everything on my list.  Well 3 days later he is sitting on his throne and yelling where is the TP?  I calmly opened the door and told him that he thought I was taking to long to shop so I came straight home without getting everything we needed.  Needless to say I can now spend hours in town doing the shopping and having some me time.

I forgot the soda. Oh well, guess he will drink water! LMAO!

Kida-Beth
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Oh that sucks.  We moms need time to ourselves too!

Makes me feel blessed though.  My hubby is the opposite.  I hate to ask him to stay home with Griffin and he's always asking me why I can't go out with my friends alone or something.  I guess where he works so much during the week I try to make his weekends easier and let him to whatever he wants.  I can't wait until warm weather though.  They're both such outside people that I'll leave them alone to "work" around the house while I get some serious Me Time from being cooped up all winter.  if he wants me to leave them alone, that's what he'll get.

RobynS
by Robyn on Mar. 6, 2010 at 5:16 PM

What really irks me is when a man says he has to "babysit" when it's his own kids. That's not babysitting... that's parenting!

sophiesmom07
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Good for you!  I'm glad you got to spend time alone! We all need it sometimes!  You're right, TOUGH! How often does this happen anyway!? Geesh, they'll live...  

DeathBat
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Blah. My husband is like this. It makes me so pissed. "How come you get to have your cake and eat it too? Half the week your at your mom's playing video games while 24/7 I'm watching Kylie. I never have friends over or see them and I never get a chance to talk to my own family without a screaming baby. YOU get to sleep in an go to work whenever the hell you want while I wake up before the sun comes up with Kylie. You buy more shit for yourself than Kylie needs diapers sometimes! Boo-Freakin-Hoo. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Travis!!" That's usually how things go. lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)