Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PRESCHOOL! :)

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:46 PM
  • 13 Replies

My darling daughter just made it into preschool. :) I am so excited for her. She has a speech delay and I feel this will be very beneficial for her to be around kids her age.  She is excited about going to school. We went and bought her a backpack today! :) Any advice as she will be starting on the 22nd? She will be 3 years old on the 16th. :)

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ammons2620
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:12 AM

My son just started school a few weeks ago as well. He just turned 3 on feb. 15 and has significant speech delays. He's only been in school for two weeks and he is trying to say so many more words. It'll be great for your daughter. The only advice I really have is to keep her excited. My son didn't grasp the concept of school and he pitches a fit every time i drop him off. Just stay strong momma! The hardest part may be you having to leave her. It was for me! 

07upsydaisy
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:31 AM

No advice since my ds isn't in preschool yet. (Hubby and I are checking out a school on Wednesday.)

I just want to say I'm excited for you.

Take pictures!  LOL

jothra
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 2:05 AM

Talk up school a ton! Find out if you can even bring the backpack. Ours wouldn't let us because there wasn't any room. Also, you might want to take a tour to get your daughter familiar with it if she doesn't like change. And plan something for yourself that day if she is your only/youngest child. After I dropped my oldest off for his first day, I went and got a jamba juice and just sat around, I didn't know what to do with myself!

bhwrn1
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 7:10 AM

Yay! I am sure she will have fun. And you need to make it fun for her. Buy her a special backpack and lunchbox just for school. My kids love theat1

RobynS
by Robyn on Mar. 7, 2010 at 8:49 AM

Congrats!! Pre-School is so much fun and so great for developing social and other skills!!

danie24
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 8:53 AM
No advice. Mine will be five this summer and she has never been to preschool. But I worked at one.. If it's anythng like the one I worked at.. She will have tons of fun :) good luck!
maxer04
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 10:10 PM

My son started preK back in october and also has a speech delay..within the first two weeks he was talking more....The first day he was sooooo excited!!  He had never been to any day care or anything like that so the first day the teachers said he cried a little off and on but did good...the second day he didn't want to go back but he went in and did GREAT!!!!  Good luck to you mama and make sure you take pictures!

2and2onway
by on Mar. 8, 2010 at 4:08 AM

She will have a blast.

Countess_Karen
by on Mar. 19, 2010 at 9:02 PM

Awww! Thank you all for the words of encouragement, advice, support, and enthusiasm! It is truly appreciated. :) I am so excited about Lena starting school on Monday. I think that it will help her in so many ways.  She is excited about school and her backpack (the preschool mentioned to get and I happily abliged.) I even got her 2 folders. LOL One for Letters/Announcements to parents and one for her crafts,etc. :)  I may have more questions later. So wonderful to have so many people care. :) Thank you.

toddler girl

Kim24kids
by on Mar. 19, 2010 at 9:22 PM

That is so EXCITING!!!Let us know how it goes=)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)