Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Cool growth curve percentile calculator on-line

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2010 at 7:46 PM
  • 17 Replies

I just wrote the post on "she won't eat."  I found a growth curve precentile calculator online, and dd is in the 39th percentile in weight and 23rd percentile in height.   That is much better than I had thought, so I'm not so worried.  Here's the link if you want to try it:

http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/growthcharts2/a/percentiles.htm

by on Mar. 22, 2010 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Mar. 22, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Wow, my youngest is a peanut! Only 4th percentile for weight at 9 months. My other two are average.

lilblufrog
by on Mar. 22, 2010 at 7:58 PM

36th for weight

68th for height

ETA birth:

At 0 months:

your child is 5.13 pounds, and that is
at less than the 3rd percentile for weight.

your child is 20 inches, and that is
at the 72th percentile for height.

your child has a head circumference of 14 inches, and that is
at the 69th percentile for head circumference.

I am a emergency c-section, extended formula feeding, cloth/disposable diapering, extended rear facing, sign language teaching, miscarriage survivor (x2), mama to a miracle baby girl who has 2 middle names and trying for #2 (11-19-07)

prestons_mommy
by on Mar. 22, 2010 at 7:58 PM

my little man (3 years) is 72nd percentile for weight and  86th percentile for height..

JenniL05
by on Mar. 22, 2010 at 8:01 PM

My kid's a monster...over 97th percent for both height and weight. He has been like that since he was 4 months old though. ;)

FrogSalad
by on Mar. 22, 2010 at 8:09 PM

At 3 years and 10 months:

your child is 42 pounds, and that is
at the 91st percentile for weight.

your child is 42 inches, and that is
at the 89th percentile for height.

justanotherjen
by on Mar. 22, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Interesting.  I'm still convinced each doctor uses a different chart, lol.  I've been told different things by different doctors.

Anyway my oldest who is almost 10 is less then 3rd percentile for both weight and height.  Not surprising.  She's been basically off the little graph they use at the office for years.  She's only 4' tall and 45lbs (give or take) and that's with her clothes on.

The big shocker was my youngest.  She'll be 4 in a couple weeks and was in the 91st percentile for height.  I knew she seemed tall but I didn't realize how tall (she's 42-43") and right in the middle for her weight.  Making her tall and skinny.

My middle daughter seems to be shrinking, lol.  She always hovered around the 50th percentile for both height and weight and is now around the 35th percentile for height so she isn't growing up so much any more.  She is a little short for her age and that just says a lot for my oldest who is the same height.

And then there's my son who was around the 87th percentile for both height and weight. 

funnymom32
by on Mar. 22, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Both my kids are 13th percent for weight (skinny boys).  My 4 year old is 80% in height and my 2 year old is 66% in height.

n03z07l08
by on Mar. 22, 2010 at 10:03 PM

My poor boys are so short! My 3 yr old is 93% for weight and 15% for hieght-I swear he doesnt lok it though! My 1 yr old is 75% for weight and 36% for hieght. My oldest hasnt been weighed or measured for awhile so I didnt do him. But hes opposite of the little ones,tall and thin.

thetammy
by on Mar. 23, 2010 at 4:02 AM

this is him at birth

At 0 months:

your child is 5.9 pounds, and that is
at the 7th percentile for weight.

your child is 17 inches, and that is
at less than the 3rd percentile for height.

your child has a head circumference of 13 inches, and that is
at the 9th percentile for head circumference.

and this is now

At 25 months:

your child is 30 pounds, and that is
at the 69th percentile for weight.

your child is 34 inches, and that is
at the 28th percentile for height.

and i forgot his head circumference

CrystalDawn2506
by on Mar. 23, 2010 at 6:07 AM

My daughter is a tall girl so her weight is normal for her height which this chart says the same thing my ped is . Its WIC that thinks other wise apparently she is obese at almost 3 1.2 yrs old. She is 91% in weight ( 39lbs 2oz ) and 86 % for height ( 3'4" ) . She will be 4 in October and eats healthy min junk food ( only special occasions ) and plays a ton even outside so how is she obese lol. I know they are going by me because I became overweight after I had kids and was underweight my whole childhood and teen years and literally didn't get overweight till I got pregnant with my first child at 18 lol. So that must mean she will be overweight of course !! People are so dumb. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)