Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite Children's Book?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:52 AM
  • 44 Replies

What is YOUR favorite children's book? What do you kids like?

DS loves books and his favorites change all the time. I love Eric Carle books (The Very Hungry Caterpillar, The Very Quiet Cricket).

But for the story, my fave is The Paper Bag Princess. What an awesome lesson in being strong and being true to yourself and RESPECT! Plus, there's a dragon. Can't go wrong!! =)

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melisawoosley
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:54 AM

My dd loooves the Tiger Can't Sleep and my son loves any Mickey Mouse book.

krystlewv
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Shanes is Walter the Farting Dog...Its really funny but kinda gross!

Mine is Harry the Dirty Dog. :-)

WhOabAbY22
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:14 AM

Panda Whispers BY: Mary Beth Owens

"On a mountain mist is settleing, panda cuddles with her cub. Pointing to the tallest tree she gives his back a gentle rub...Panda Whispers "Dream of Climbing!:"

"Snug within a cosy nest restless mice are settleing down. Dreaming of the tastey seeds and hidden berries to be found. Field Mouse whispers "You'll help find them!"

"In a bedroom child and father hear the ocean in the night. Dream you'll sail to far off places and sail back by mornings light. I'll be waiting here.....GOOD NIGHT!"

Tiffany(26) DH(28) SON (10-2007) DAUGHTER (11-2009)

RobynS
by Robyn on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:25 AM

We have that one, too. We have one of the sequels, too. Apparently, there's a whole series!

There's another one that's very similar about a dog with bad breath. Her name is Halley Tosis. Eeewww.

Quoting krystlewv:

Shanes is Walter the Farting Dog...Its really funny but kinda gross!

Mine is Harry the Dirty Dog. :-)

sophiesmom07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:13 AM

My favorite as a kid was the Velveteen Rabbit. My dad bought it for me and I loved it! My dd's favorite right now are the Corduroy books.

isra1986
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:15 AM

DD has been obsessed with "Monkey and Me" since she was about 9 months.
She LOVES monkeys!

RobynS
by Robyn on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:27 AM

I don't know that one, but I bet my DD would love it too. She knows the baby sign for monkey and makes monkey sounds whenever she sees one! LOL

Quoting isra1986:

DD has been obsessed with "Monkey and Me" since she was about 9 months.
She LOVES monkeys!

RobynS
by Robyn on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:27 AM

Classics!!

Quoting sophiesmom07:

My favorite as a kid was the Velveteen Rabbit. My dad bought it for me and I loved it! My dd's favorite right now are the Corduroy books.

FrogSalad
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Millions of Cats.  Goodnight, Gorilla.  But Not The Hippopotamus is my all-time favorite.

bhwrn1
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:08 AM

I like Eric Carle. My favorite book is Goodnight Moon. My kids love everything and anything especially Dr. Seuss. I like Dr. Seuss, as well. Some great lessons in those books.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)