Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 in 1

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:25 PM
  • 16 Replies

Did anybody hear about the 21 babies that were dumped in a river in china? I thought that was compeltely mortifying and would like to know your thoughts on it. How could anybody be so cruel? Where are there morals?

2) I saw a clip on youtube of some woman having her 2 year old son talking about going to eat at hooters and what they did to the woman who work there. The boy was pinching his fingers as if he was gropping them. Later I found a video of the same little boy, his mother was asking him what he does to mommy and daddy when he gets mad and what his parents do when a car cuts them off. She had her 2 year old son flipping off the camera. Would you ever influece your child to do either of these things?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RobynS
by Robyn on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I don't know the details of the China babies... I just couldn't bear it. I have never understood the thinking of the Chinese government--only allow one child per household, only boys. WTH?! =(

One of my day care kids, who isn't quite 3 years old yet, came over the other day and called my 5 year old son a pu$$y. I was livid. I don't think toddlers should be allowed to hear that kind of language AT ALL. I suspect that his own dad probably called HIM that.

I don't understand why people that's cute. It is anything but. It is theft, I say. It steals away an innocence that they can NEVER get back.

Arismommy1007
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Quoting RobynS:

I don't know the details of the China babies... I just couldn't bear it. I have never understood the thinking of the Chinese government--only allow one child per household, only boys. WTH?! =(

One of my day care kids, who isn't quite 3 years old yet, came over the other day and called my 5 year old son a pu$$y. I was livid. I don't think toddlers should be allowed to hear that kind of language AT ALL. I suspect that his own dad probably called HIM that.

I don't understand why people that's cute. It is anything but. It is theft, I say. It steals away an innocence that they can NEVER get back.

That is horrible. I'll admit I may slip and say things in front of my daughter (never to her) that she shouldnt hear but I try my best. Some people I guess think that it's cute but I have NEVER thought it was cute and NEVER will. Its actually just very sad. 

bhwrn1
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:11 PM

I did not hear about the babies and that is terrible. I hate to hear anything like that. Is it true, though?

ambermario4ever
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:14 PM

yup it is true and a bunch of the babies had hospital bracelets on and every thing 

Quoting bhwrn1:

I did not hear about the babies and that is terrible. I hate to hear anything like that. Is it true, though?

Arismommy1007
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Unfortunately it is true there are pictures and everything. They showed a picture of someone holding one of the babies hands out of the bag. It was heart breaking

sophiesmom07
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 1:13 PM

I can't even read about this, it's just too depressing. Makes me feel sick.

No, I would never teach my dd these nasty behaviors. That is disgusting , coercing your child to do these things!

Arismommy1007
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Quoting sophiesmom07:

I can't even read about this, it's just too depressing. Makes me feel sick.

No, I would never teach my dd these nasty behaviors. That is disgusting , coercing your child to do these things!

Thats what I was thinking when I was watching these videos, it was the same little boy in both of them. It makes you wonder what else she is teaching to him.

Bradensmommy719
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 2:16 PM

both your topics sicken me. the china thing is horrible! and no one should teach there kids things like that jokes or not.

Arismommy1007
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

both your topics sicken me. the china thing is horrible! and no one should teach there kids things like that jokes or not.

thats why i wanted to know if anybody thought either of these things were okay cuz I dont and they both bothered me alot so I wanted peoples opinions.

bhwrn1
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)