Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your child.....

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:38 AM
  • 18 Replies

My youngest step-son complains every time I wipe his face after eating just about anything. I've tried wet paper towels and wipes but he still complains. I getting pretty tired of it but I don't know what else to do. Does your child do this too? Is this just a phase or what??

Photobucket

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ECMOM970
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Just wipe his face - most kids HATE to have their faces wipped but it has to be done!

monshine2
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:43 AM

It's a phase but something that needs to be done so...... I don't know how old he is but maybe you can give him the wipe to wipe his face himself and then you can take a turn to get anything he missed.

BiloxiDreams
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Mine do that too.  So I let them wipe their own faces and if they miss a spot, I take care of it.  (they're 2 and 4 in case you're wondering)

my4stepsons
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:14 PM

oh yeah i forgot to say that he is 3. he usually does everything by himself but won't wipe his face

krystlewv
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Shane is 5 and he still does it. I basically have to hold him still. I dont know if it ever gets easier. lol

07upsydaisy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:22 PM

We switched to washcloths.  I just bought a large pack of thin white ones and use a new one everyday; bleaching them lightly when I wash.

It stopped my son's complaining (at home anyway!).

laura7485
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:28 PM

My girls hate it, so i give them a wet towel or wipe during the meal(they feel grown up) but I will get what they missed. I just do it gently and say" aww look we missed a spot" just really cheerfully and I don't get any hassel from it :D My girls are 2 and 3

isra1986
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:31 PM

My 2 year old is the same. They just have to deal with it and grow out of it!

NewJoyOn1308
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:38 PM

My daughter does the same thing, try using a warm wash cloth and stay away from cold wipes or tissue because if he has sensitive skin like my daughter, it may be uncomfortable and can cause a rash.

my4stepsons
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:02 PM

yeah his cheeks are often pretty red after being wiped, which is also why i was looking for alternative ways to wipe his face. my fiance just usually sticks him the bath after dinner/before bed but I am with him almost all day up until I take him to Pre-K after lunch. I know boys can get messy but the youngest is the worst.

Quoting NewJoyOn1308:

My daughter does the same thing, try using a warm wash cloth and stay away from cold wipes or tissue because if he has sensitive skin like my daughter, it may be uncomfortable and can cause a rash.

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)