Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

some advice please....

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:41 PM
  • 7 Replies

My daughter will be three in June.  I am almost 15 weeks pregnant.  I have been very sick with the pregnancy and she knows this and its a struggle for me right now to go anywhere.  So, when we go out she always throws some kind of fit.  She refuses to walk and just stands there, if i grab her hand she dangles herself to where i am almost dragging her. and i know people are staring.  is this just what happens at three??  any suggestions or how to make her behave??

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sophiesmom07
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:51 PM

I'm sorry! What a tough time to be dealing with this! I think it's just the age. Maybe you can try giving her a time out or threatening to take away something she likes if she misbehaves. If the outings are for her, then tell her they will stop if she continues to act up.  Good luck!

krystlewv
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Go back and get in the car. Follow through, when she throws fits. Tell her you are going home.

jessarendt22
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:28 PM

theres a book 123 magic its under 10 bucks and has some good suggestions in it

Leosmama2006
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Oh my! Sounds like my life! EXCEPT, my son waited until I had the baby. I have a 3 yo, 13 month old and 8 week old. My 3yo KNOWS that if I am sitting down nursing I cannot and willnot get up to make him stop doing whatever he's doing. They just know....they're smart lil stinks! He will push our 13 month old down and take her toys when he knows I won't get up to make him give them back. I have just started to really follow through on what I say. If he is misbehaving and I say we're not going to go to target if he doens't stop, we don't go. Sometimes it turns into a punishment for me and my husband if we're really wanting to do something, but it has started to work. I was making myself crazy trying to make him behave. I hope it doesn't get worse for you! My doc says she doesn't know why they say terrible 2's, its terrible 3's. And I SOOOOOO AGREE!

ANYWAY, GOOD LUCK MAMA!

chabb
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:38 PM

I would love to.  But, its when i am going to the doc, or the pharmacy things I have to do!  And my fiance tries to take off when he can to help but he has to work.  I have tried taking things away, seem likes nothing works!

Quoting krystlewv:

Go back and get in the car. Follow through, when she throws fits. Tell her you are going home.

chabb
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:40 PM

So sorry, I hope it gets better for u!  I couldnt imagine having three babies.  I hope she gets better before the baby comes.  I do feel like she is doing cause i cant really do anything about it. She doesnt act that way when her dad is there.  I do take things away like popcorn from target snack bar when she is bad but she could really care less.   it is def terrible threes though!!!

Quoting Leosmama2006:

Oh my! Sounds like my life! EXCEPT, my son waited until I had the baby. I have a 3 yo, 13 month old and 8 week old. My 3yo KNOWS that if I am sitting down nursing I cannot and willnot get up to make him stop doing whatever he's doing. They just know....they're smart lil stinks! He will push our 13 month old down and take her toys when he knows I won't get up to make him give them back. I have just started to really follow through on what I say. If he is misbehaving and I say we're not going to go to target if he doens't stop, we don't go. Sometimes it turns into a punishment for me and my husband if we're really wanting to do something, but it has started to work. I was making myself crazy trying to make him behave. I hope it doesn't get worse for you! My doc says she doesn't know why they say terrible 2's, its terrible 3's. And I SOOOOOO AGREE!

ANYWAY, GOOD LUCK MAMA!

krystlewv
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Quoting chabb:

I would love to.  But, its when i am going to the doc, or the pharmacy things I have to do!  And my fiance tries to take off when he can to help but he has to work.  I have tried taking things away, seem likes nothing works!

Quoting krystlewv:

Its tough having a stubborn little one, just be consistent. Thats the best advice I can give. Big hugs to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)