Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did you do this past weekend?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:42 PM
  • 13 Replies

We had our oldest's birthday party on Saturday. He turned 8 on Friday. Everything turned out great. All but one of the kids he invited came. :)

Sunday we just stayed home and did nothing all day. I was so nice!

What did you all do?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krystlewv
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:26 PM

On Fridays I have a Fellowship, but I went alone because hubby was sick. On Saturday I consignment shop and hit yard sales. Sundays are slow for us, I laid on the couch all day! :-)

AMCMSM
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:29 PM

We also had a b-day. My DD was 2 on Thursday. Friday we drove up to my moms and then Saturday the whole family went to the zoo. It was nice to see all the kids. Then back to moms for dinner, cake and presents. Sunday we went and did 2 year pictures and drove home. Long weekend but fun.

katiebug840204
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Saturday we went and visited DH's grandparents.  Sunday morning I had to work at the church..afterwards I went home for awhile and then went back to the church to work.

foistela
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:32 PM

I need to start doing more of this!

Quoting krystlewv:

On Fridays I have a Fellowship, but I went alone because hubby was sick. On Saturday I consignment shop and hit yard sales. Sundays are slow for us, I laid on the couch all day! :-)

Kida-Beth
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Let's see.  On Friday we stayed in and just spent time together.  The hubby has been working so much that he hardly sees us anymore so that was just what the doctor ordered.  It was movie night for us after Griffin went to bed.  Saturday Griffin and I went to ToysRUs for a Thomas Party that they had, Wal-Mart, McDonald's for lunch, to my parents for a bit to show off his two new trains.  Then I dyed and highlighted my hair that evening while I baked a couple cakes.  Sunday we had a dinner after church for my cousin becoming an ordained Minister.  Stopped on the way home to visit some more with the in-laws.

I don't feel like I sat down to actually relax all weekend.  I've been beat today and had to run around instead of getting some rest.  And tomorrow is no better because I'll have my nephews.  Blah.  I just want to lock the door and soak in a tub.  And this coming weekend is no better...

Plus-size-mommy
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:47 PM

We did nothing, we had no money to do anything with really so we just stayed close to home.

foistela
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:08 PM

I got tired just reading this! LOL!

Quoting Kida-Beth:

Let's see.  On Friday we stayed in and just spent time together.  The hubby has been working so much that he hardly sees us anymore so that was just what the doctor ordered.  It was movie night for us after Griffin went to bed.  Saturday Griffin and I went to ToysRUs for a Thomas Party that they had, Wal-Mart, McDonald's for lunch, to my parents for a bit to show off his two new trains.  Then I dyed and highlighted my hair that evening while I baked a couple cakes.  Sunday we had a dinner after church for my cousin becoming an ordained Minister.  Stopped on the way home to visit some more with the in-laws.

I don't feel like I sat down to actually relax all weekend.  I've been beat today and had to run around instead of getting some rest.  And tomorrow is no better because I'll have my nephews.  Blah.  I just want to lock the door and soak in a tub.  And this coming weekend is no better...

ladyg2u
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:30 PM

This is our birthday month for our boys.  We went to chuckie cheese as a family to celebrate our boys birthdays ages 5 & 7 the seven year old had a good report card so they cage us 15 extra tokens. It was a nice family outing.

sophiesmom07
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:33 PM

We went to Toys R US to buy my dd one of those push cars and  took her to a carnival. She enjoyed it!

mommysglitter
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:31 AM
Friday house guests arrived for DD 3rd birthday, which was Saturday. So we had her party (Backyardagains theme) at the park. It was was wonderful despite the 25 mph winds! On Sunday all guests left, DH played golf, and I got to clean the house again. DD had a fab time. Worth it!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)