Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight.

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:30 PM
  • 29 Replies

Since november 2009, i've gained 36lbs..i lost 6 even tho right now it says i gained it back cause my period..but i feel so run down i dont wanna work out [im like really tired, i think i got that one disease that ur always tired..doctor oz said something about it] Anyways, what did you mommy's do to get the weight off if you went through postpartum or if u just gained a lot from being pregnant? I need some good ideas, even food ideas are welcome..i need to lose 30lbs and today on im dedicated to it even if i am tired!!!

Share your ideas!!!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bigmommasmomma
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Watch how much you eat, not so much what you eat. And excersise daily even if its just taking and walk around your neighborhood and eventually you will drop a nice amount of weight. Its simple but you need to limit yourself and cut fast food out if thats a problem. No sodas. GOod luck

dusky_rose
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:41 PM

I've been eating healthier and trying to exercise more. Food ideas include eating whole grain bread instead of white bread, dry toast with jam instead of with butter, using nonfat milk when cooking, no mayo, use mustard instead on sandwiches, eat lots of fruit and veggies and try to pick leaner cuts of meat or trim the fat and skin from it. Also stop drinking regular pop, switch to diet or drink flavored water instead. You don't have to cut all your favorites out of your diet, just make it a special treat instead. I started in Jan at 160 lbs and now I'm down to 146.2 lbs. If you tell yourself that you are going to do it, then just do it you will have more energy. I know that I have since I've been doing more exercise. Good luck!

Click image above to join Motivate to Get in Shape!

FrogSalad
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Quoting dusky_rose:

I've been eating healthier and trying to exercise more. Food ideas include eating whole grain bread instead of white bread, dry toast with jam instead of with butter, using nonfat milk when cooking, no mayo, use mustard instead on sandwiches, eat lots of fruit and veggies and try to pick leaner cuts of meat or trim the fat and skin from it. Also stop drinking regular pop, switch to diet or drink flavored water instead. You don't have to cut all your favorites out of your diet, just make it a special treat instead. I started in Jan at 160 lbs and now I'm down to 146.2 lbs. If you tell yourself that you are going to do it, then just do it you will have more energy. I know that I have since I've been doing more exercise. Good luck!

I've been doing a lot of what's listed above.

No white flour or refined sugar, no white rice or white potatoes.  Whole grain or no grain. ;)  Fresh fruits and veggies and less meat.  It sounds drastic but it really hasn't been that difficult and if I find that I'm really craving something I will treat myself.

I've got a lot more energy than before, less food cravings overall, plus I can eat more food with less total calories.

If you can force yourself to exercise even 20 minutes a day your mood and energy level should improve. 

Good luck!  I've got some recipe ideas if you want them, PM me.

krystlewv
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:07 PM

The best things I have found...

1. water intake. 32 oz for me a day.

2. portions, check online. I try to eat 1/2 cup to 1 cup and thats all.

3. No soda!

4. No snacks at night

5. keep a food journal, that helps on the grazing.

Good Luck!

aniyahsmomma09
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Its the amount i eat..that makes me gain the weight..And i dont drink pops at all its all juice.

Also, i heard that eating white bread is better then whole grain cause the calcium and iron in it?? I dunno it wa son doctor oz lol, so..but nyways i think..well i KNOW that if i stopped eating big portions i'd lose 40lbs within 3wks [i lose fast] but its just the lil voice in my head saying "eat it, eat it!!" it drives me nuts!

aniyahsmomma09
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:10 PM

damn girl only up 2 a cup! Big momma cant do that!! I'd do like 2cups at that lol.

Quoting krystlewv:

The best things I have found...

1. water intake. 32 oz for me a day.

2. portions, check online. I try to eat 1/2 cup to 1 cup and thats all.

3. No soda!

4. No snacks at night

5. keep a food journal, that helps on the grazing.

Good Luck!

devin814
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:18 PM

I gained 60lbs in the last 4 months of pregnancy. Ok over 60lbs, I was HUGE! Went through major depression, DS was born in August so it went from 107 degrees the day he was born to Winter a couple months later. Couldnt take him out in the cold, so I couldnt get out. I lost a lot of weight when spring hit. Got outside and went on walks. The sun helped so much with the depression. The older DS got, the more running around we did, and the weight just started coming off. He is 2 1/2 and I am just now back to my normal weight. It was a lot easier to gain the weight then take it off. Good luck Mama, you can do it! Just walking and getting sun does so much!

bhwrn1
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:33 PM

I did Weight Watchers with all three of my kids. Worked like a charm for me.

jillybean1823
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:52 PM

get your thyroid checked.  if you have hypothyroidism, that could explain the tiredness and weight gain.  and it's hard to lose weight if the thyroid isn't under control.  they just do a blood test to check it.

kristielee79
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Look at what you are drinking, because juice is loaded with calories and sugar and carbs!!!!!!

As for big portions, eat on a salad plaate instead of a big dinner plate, or grab one of the kids' little bowls for soup or cereal instead  of a huge regular bowl. You're tricking your brain into thinking "my plate is empty, I'm finished eating"...don't go for seconds either!! Instead, instantly get up and start cleaning up after dinner and get the rest of your family up and out the door for a walk. It'll take your mind off of food!!!

Quoting aniyahsmomma09:

Its the amount i eat..that makes me gain the weight..And i dont drink pops at all its all juice.

Also, i heard that eating white bread is better then whole grain cause the calcium and iron in it?? I dunno it wa son doctor oz lol, so..but nyways i think..well i KNOW that if i stopped eating big portions i'd lose 40lbs within 3wks [i lose fast] but its just the lil voice in my head saying "eat it, eat it!!" it drives me nuts!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)