Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

first night in toddler bed

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:32 AM
  • 8 Replies

Trying DD out in toddler bed for the first time.  She has a tendancy to wake in the middle of night and succeeded in climbing out of the crib one night.  We put the bed in our room in hopes that sleeping in the same room will help.  Wish us luck.

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
FrogSalad
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:37 AM

How'd it go?

LogansMommy248
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:55 AM
How did it go??
Lorelai_Nicole
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 11:11 PM

I'm wondering how it went, too...

I will give one word of caution, though...Putting the bed in your room, might make it harder down the line. When it's time to go back to her own room for the night...I would have put the new bed in her room, so that the transition happens all at once...Like, now you've added another step...but that's just my opinion...I hope it went well! :-)

Tranla
by Elisabeth on May. 2, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Yay, she slept good.  Now just got to hope she keeps it up.

CafeMom Tickers
bhwrn1
by on May. 3, 2010 at 5:48 AM

Yay, that's great! Hope she keeps it up!

Tranla
by Elisabeth on May. 15, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Well, she hasn't kept it up.  After the first night of sleeping good, she was back to waking in the middle of the night.  At least she was able to get up and come over to our bed for me to pick her up, instead of crying in her crib for me to come help her get back to sleep.  I'd like to see her sleep the whole night in her own bed, but I'm getting a lot better sleep this way.  A couple of nights recently I've put her in bed and gotten back on the computer and by the time I've gone to bed myself, she's already woken up and gotten in bed with my husband.  Last night, I went up and found him with his arm trapped under the sleeping girl.  I had to help him move her so he could extract his arm without waking her. LOL

CafeMom Tickers
bhwrn1
by on May. 15, 2010 at 9:21 PM

It will come. Will you keep the bed in your room or move it into hers soon so that she can get used to that?

Tranla
by Elisabeth on May. 15, 2010 at 10:38 PM

We'll keep it in our room for now.  We finally got the first floor completely unpacked and cleaned up at the beginning of the month, but there's still a lot of unpacking to do on the second floor.  Once that's done, we can put the gate up at the stairs and move the bed into her room.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)