Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help my son is wild!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:45 PM
  • 6 Replies

My 3 year old boy is in my opinion out of control. When he doesent get his way or get something he wants he starts screaming and throws himself on the floor and sometimes he even bangs his head against the floor out of anger or attention one.I usually just stay firm and tell him no you are not getting this or that or whatever the case is and then i ignore his fits but i need to get some sort of control on him because i also have a 10 mth old boy and i sure dont want him picking up my 3 year olds bad habits.i honestly dont spooil him i am very firm and i disipline him and im not playing the blame game but his daddy and his mimi(his great grandmother whom we live with right now)spoil him but anyways i just need some advice

Stay at home momstay home momStay at home mom

by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
christine.r2624
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:49 PM

is this a new problem or something thats been going on? how are his verbal skills? Could he be frustrated because he's having a hard time communicating?

Mom_since06
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:55 PM

no he talks very well for his age he can pretty much say whatever he wants to and yes its been going on for a while mostly since the new baby was born

momofthe3Ks
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:14 PM

My 19 month old daughter is doing the same thing...she is throwing fits and wanting her way...and telling me "No! I don't have too." It just started about a month or so ago, I think it is because the baby, who is 5 months old now has become more active and she is noticing that she has to share her time....She is really only pulling all this with me.I think my sitters kids pull this on their mom though.  We are very firm parents, since I am a teacher I see what lack of discipline does...so I believe in good structure. She is learning to sit in timeout and usually a firm voice works....I just hope the phase passes soon.

Nicole_2007
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:29 PM

My 3 1/2 year old use to do the same thing.  She is in head start and it got to were she was hitting the teachers and she was throwing silverware at them at lunch time.  But she was always nice to her brother.  Because she is in school I ended up having to take her and get her evaluated and take her to a childhood physiologist and found out she has sever ADHD.  He could either be acting out because of the baby since its just been since the baby was born or it could be he is hyperactive.  With my daughter we started noticing it when she yas a year old

momofthe3Ks
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Did he have his terrible 2's? Some people say terrible 2's come worse when they are 3? I know when my stepson was 3 he threw fits and acted out bad! However, it was only for a few months when he was 3. Before and after that...he was a typical boy. Now...for my daughter who isn't 2 yet...it has started! I hope it ends soon!

ambk4ever
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:07 PM

my 3 yr old is crazy too like that. When he start throwing his fits I just take him to his room and sit him on his bed and tell him to sit there till he os done. Sometimes he sits in there for 10-15 min before he comes out and is better. Just dont play into it to much and stay firm with whatever he is throwing the fit over. The more attention you or anyone else pays to him while he is having a fit is not good and they will get worse. Good Luck..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)