Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Independent toddlers????

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:28 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am not sure if its because they are the youngest or because they are twins, but at 2.5 my babies are very independent. Just now Braden got up off the floor where he has been playing with a few legos and noticing a spot on his shorts started to strip as he headed up the stairs. I asked him what he was doing and his response was "I changing these clothes alllllllll dirty, I get new ones myself okay mommy", he ran upstairs and got into jammies.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
07upsydaisy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:48 PM

I wish my son had that kind of initiative.

He's happy to be dirty.

mkbugs
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:50 PM

sounds like my son...he's almost 4, but he's always been independent...he needed help at that age to get into jammies, but he likes to do everything himself

MamaPeanut
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Sounds like my dd.  She's been ready to grow up since about 9 months old, lol.  She potty trained in 3 days at 18 months old. 

She's 4.5 now and I call her my Tiny Grown up.  :)

bhwrn1
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:27 PM

LOL! So cute. My 3 y/o is the same way, and his brother was nothing like that (he's 6 1/2). I am pretty sure it's b/c he follows his big brother.

Lorelai_Nicole
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 10:52 PM

I don't know if I'd say Sarah is independent...but she does like to do the things her big sisters do. So she will try to do things that are waaay too advanced for her, like folding clothes or feeding the cat. That's Kirsten's chore, but Sarah tried to do it this morning...Dropped the almost-full bag ON HER FOOT and spilled dry cat food ALL OVER THE FLOOR! LoL.

Alexis Emma 10-13-1999
Leslie Kirsten 03-14-2004
Sarah Mackenzie 08-14-2007 

BiloxiDreams
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Jacob is VERY independent.  He'll be three in July and I swear he's more self-sufficient than my 5 year old! 

Jes21
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:41 PM

My son is 2 but he wants to do everything himself. From brushing his teeth to clean his stuff up. He will get mad at himself when he can not get something the way he wants it, but he wont let you help him. LOL. It is the funnest thing you ever saw.

countrygirlkat
by on May. 3, 2010 at 12:44 AM

So cute! My youngest is that way. I am constantly having to find him because he will decide to do things by himself if I am not careful!  Sometimes that is okay, but other times where he decides he is hungry and gets food out and puts it in the microwave to cook it is scary!  He just turned 3.

skymcr
by Member on May. 3, 2010 at 1:01 AM

I think that my daughter is also very independent, the other day she was painting. When she was done I picked up the brushes, paints, etc. She ran to the bathroom, and I asked her what she was doing. She said "I'm washing me hands mommy."  She also goes to the potty on her own. She places her little sit on the big toilet, gets her stool and goes #1 or 2. She then calls me to wipe her. She's been doing this when she was about 26 months old.

FrogSalad
by on May. 3, 2010 at 7:26 AM

If independent = bossy then my son's independent.

:D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)