Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I being mean? Kinda Long

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:14 PM
  • 8 Replies

My SS mother let me take him with my DS and I a week ago to see "Walking with the Dinosaurs" . While we were out I got the boys pictures done. I decided not to let her know about the pictures bc she had done everything in her power to prevent me from getting them done to begin with.  Well for over a month now she's been trying to add me on FB....mind you we don't get a long on a good day so I never thought this to be a good idea so I always ignored the invite. She asked for pics from the dinosaur show and I told her I would e-mail them to her only if she would in turn e-mail me pics of Jesse since we really don't have any recent ones. She told me she wouldn't e-mail them but has pics on her FB and so I gritted my teeth and the next time she asked to add me I accepted it. Well a few days later she invited us to go to the zoo with her and my SS in May. I told her to let me know what Saturday she wanted to go and I'll let her know if we could meet her. I shoulda known better....sure enough the zoo she asked me to go to she went to yesterday w/ SS then posted pictures on her FB rubbing it in that she didn't tell me they were going. Normally I don't think I'd be so bothered by it except she did it out of spite and she lied to me. If she didn't want us to go why invite us in the first place? That and I've had a really bad week. After a while I was going through the pictures to give out to friends and family of the boys and I thought of an easier way to do it. Post of FB asking who wants them and telling them I'll post the pics I bought and they could let me know which ones they wanted and in turn I'd let them know if I still had it. Remind you my SS mom didn't even know I had the pics to begin with which was part of the reason I posted what I did. I also hid the pics from her so she couldn't copy them...if she wants them she can pay for them...am I wrong? I know I sound mean but this is not the first time the women has messed with me and I'm kinda to the point to where "if you wanna play games fine I can too"  Oh and to those of you who don't know the reason I have to deal with the witch is bc my DH is in Iraq.

CafeMom Tickers

come home*~Proud Army Wife and Mommy of Boys~*american flag ribbon

by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
airbornewife04
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Bump, ut my hubby is in Iraq to.

countrygirlkat
by on May. 3, 2010 at 1:23 AM

I don't really know anything about dealing with a step situation but here is a bump.  Good luck.

aidanandjackson
by on May. 3, 2010 at 1:30 AM

I'm not familiar with your situation, but I would be the same way! I do know that my DH is not biodad for my boys and he loves them as if his own (and better than biodad!) so I kinda understand how yiu're feeling... I hope your husband comes home soon so you won't have to deal with this stupid woman any more!   (((HUGS)))

ALOUDWHISPER
by on May. 3, 2010 at 1:39 AM

I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE OF YOUR SITUATION THAN WHAT I JUST READ BUT IF DH IS IN IRAQ THAN WHY NOT JUST LET MOM KEEP HER SON? I MEAN OBVIOUSLY IT'S BEEN WORKED OUT BUT I'D THINK IT WOULD BE EASIER ON HIM (NOT SURE HIS AGE) BUT I'D CUT TIES UNTIL DH IS HOME & LET HIM HANDLE HER ISSUES I WOULDN'T TALK TO HER AT ALL PERIOD

MamaSulli2005
by on May. 3, 2010 at 2:02 AM

I can't say you're right or wrong....I'd probably be pretty upset and would be that way too. It's great that you care about your SS it says a lot about you, wanting him and your own boy to have family pics together.

FrogSalad
by on May. 3, 2010 at 7:18 AM

I'd try to be the bigger person and ignore her; not say anything about the pictures and unfriend her on FB.  Not saying I would be succesful at it but that's what I'd try to do. 

EllaEnchanted04
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Quoting ALOUDWHISPER:

I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE OF YOUR SITUATION THAN WHAT I JUST READ BUT IF DH IS IN IRAQ THAN WHY NOT JUST LET MOM KEEP HER SON? I MEAN OBVIOUSLY IT'S BEEN WORKED OUT BUT I'D THINK IT WOULD BE EASIER ON HIM (NOT SURE HIS AGE) BUT I'D CUT TIES UNTIL DH IS HOME & LET HIM HANDLE HER ISSUES I WOULDN'T TALK TO HER AT ALL PERIOD

For one he is still my stepson and I still love him so does my son. Second my SS asks to see us.

CafeMom Tickers

come home*~Proud Army Wife and Mommy of Boys~*american flag ribbon

Dixietough
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Quoting FrogSalad:

I'd try to be the bigger person and ignore her; not say anything about the pictures and unfriend her on FB.  Not saying I would be succesful at it but that's what I'd try to do. 

This!

I'm a SM too so I get where you are coming from. I am also a believer of Karma...I'm just waiting for it to slap her in the face LOL!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)