• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have You Heard of ThredUp?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:33 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm going to copy and paste the message that would go out to my friends if I invited by email (I 'invited' my hubby so I could snag the message and link!):

I just joined a neat new service for parents called thredUP. It helps busy people like us coordinate online clothing exchanges with our friends - this way we don't end up with lots of clothes our kids don't wear! Membership is also 100% free.

Check it out by clicking the link below.

http://www.thredup.com/link/f9c871c71345c769da0afc54a23cd96208d17e3c

I think it's a GREAT way to unload your children's outgrown clothes, and you get a box of clothes in the mail stuffed full of things your child can wear now! The only thing you pay is shipping & handling. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to, just as soon as I can get a box put together. (The boxes are free from the post office).

by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bhwrn1
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Sounds similar to the book exchange site I use. Thanks!

FrogSalad
by on May. 3, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Thanks.  I'm going to look into it:  too bad I didn't know about it before I took all those clothes to Goodwill.

countrygirlkat
by on May. 3, 2010 at 4:31 PM

That sounds really neat.  I can't use it because I get all the clothes from my sisters and then I pass them all down to the next kid so it is the same concept with my family!  That is so cool though for people who don't have that in their families.

RobynS
by Robyn on May. 3, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Yeah, I sort of have that going on with one of my day care families. I give DS's clothes to them for their little boy. They give me their daughter's clothes for my little girl. But I still need to get rid of my daughter's outgrown things, so I'm thinking this might be just the way to do it!

I'll post how it goes after I've tried it. =)

Quoting countrygirlkat:

That sounds really neat.  I can't use it because I get all the clothes from my sisters and then I pass them all down to the next kid so it is the same concept with my family!  That is so cool though for people who don't have that in their families.

Kida-Beth
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Sounds like a great idea but they didn't have anything that I needed.  They had one box and it came up as summer clothes but was really more winter.  Maybe after its been up for a couple of years it will be better..

RobynS
by Robyn on May. 4, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Yeah, there isn't a ton to choose from right now. I'm going to post a box this week though. I think the surprise of not knowing exactly what you'll get is fun too!

Quoting Kida-Beth:

Sounds like a great idea but they didn't have anything that I needed.  They had one box and it came up as summer clothes but was really more winter.  Maybe after its been up for a couple of years it will be better..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)