Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did your toddler start walking?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:12 AM
  • 47 Replies
Hey Girls well my son is 13 months and still not walking, I'm kinda bummed about it because he can't run around and play with his cousins or other kids and I can tell he really wants to run around and play already! I'm not pushing him to walk cause I'm letting him learn at his own walk cause I'm letting him learn at his own pace, but if he's not walking by 18 months pace, but if he's not walking by 18 months then thats when I have to consult his doctor but he still has awhile to learn before then. My family tells me that some toddlers they know of didn't start walking till they were 15 months so I'm not really worried about it! I don't want to to grow up lol so I'm kinda happy that he still crawls, it just makes me think that's he's still a little baby haha! but I really do want him to start taking steps cause I'm pretty tiny and carrying him around all the time puts a bunch of strain on my back! So to grow up lol so I'm kinda happy that he still crawls, it just makes me think that's he's still a little baby haha! but I really do want him to start taking steps cause I'm pretty tiny and carrying him around all the time puts a bunch of strain on my back! So crawls, it just makes me think that's he's still a little baby haha! but I really do want him to start taking steps cause I'm pretty tiny and carrying him around all the time puts a bunch of strain on my back! So taking steps cause I'm pretty tiny and carrying him around all the time puts a bunch of strain on my back! So where I'm getting to is, how old was your toddler when he or she started walking? Did you pracitce with her/him a lot or did they Did you pracitce with her/him a lot or did they just start by themselves?

Thanks

Check out my group Mommy Talk(:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sophiesmom07
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:30 AM

I don't remember exactly, but I think she was 11 or 12 mths. She would walk holding on to things then just did it on her own. You can help him by holding a treat or toy a few feet away from him and see if he can make it.

ddhb2007
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:31 AM
My daughter was almost 15 months when she figured it out. She's always been on the slower side of normal for developing motor skills. We just gave her a safe place to learn. We didn't really "practice" with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShadowRaven
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:31 AM

My ds was 16 months when he started walking consistently on his own. Before then, it was a confidence issue. He would take a couple of steps but then realize that he wasn't holding on to anything, and would drop back down to the floor. He did that for months lol. We did practice holding his hands while he walked, because we knew it was simply a confidence issue.

babyblue21
by Member on May. 24, 2010 at 11:33 AM

DS was 22 months and DD was 10 months.

Lewisgirl
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:38 AM

my oldest was 14 months- i would hold her hands and walk with her. my 2 yo was 9 months old- she started standing up by herself and took off with out any help. my youngest is only 6 months old and hasnt crawled or walking yet..

CjEmmemommy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:41 AM

My son was 14 months and my daughter was 10... I figured she just needed to learn to run from him:-)

erica

omgamomie
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:41 AM

10 months

lovinmyboys...
by Member on May. 24, 2010 at 11:42 AM

My son started walking at 8 1/2 months.  It didn't take him long to learn how to run and I haven't had a quiet moment since!

Princesaof1
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:42 AM

My daughter didn't walk until she was 14 months old..don't be bummed, he'll walk when he's ready, or should I say run!!!!!

misty8007
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:43 AM

My dd was 9 1/2 months

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)