Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does your Summer look like so far?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:13 PM
  • 30 Replies

This Summer is going to be nice. My mom is moving back into town in 2 weeks to a gorgeous house. She is putting a pool in her yard and we will join the water park for the Summer too. We have no trips planned this year although we do want to do the zoo at least once.

We have also joined the Free Kids Bowling. If you havent you should. Two free games a day is nice on a rainy day. Also up to 4 adults can get the same deal for only 24.95$. We do the family pass and its wonderful.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
college.mom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:17 PM

My summer will be BUSY!  I am 6 months pregnant, so of course getting ready for baby, we just bought the girls a pool for the back yard, we have trips to the lake planned, and meet ups and play dates, not to mention I am a full time student!

RobynS
by Robyn on May. 24, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Our summer is basically WIDE OPEN! This is my last week of day care, so I have the summer with just my kids. DS may be going to day camp for a few weeks in July. Otherwise, we are free as BIRDS! =)

FrogSalad
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:20 PM

I'm trying to juggle my work, workout, and cooking (going to be doing a lot more of that now), and Brennan's t-ball schedule until the end of June.

He's learning how to ride a 2-wheel bike so we're spending time on that, too.

I'd like to get over to the Henry Doorly Zoo this summer and maybe take a 3-day camping weekend down to Missouri.

FrogSalad
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Oh, and there's a wildlife park in central Illinois that we used to go when we were kids and I'd love to take Bren there this summer.

Pam_8787
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:42 PM
Well I'm 6 months pregnant so getting ready for baby#2. Also finding a full time job. I have a summer job where I work with a summer day camp. No real trips planned except going down to Indiana to meet up with a few of my mommy friends and their little ones. Also trips to the sheds aquarium, zoo, etc. Taste of Chicago should be nice as well. I'm also going to be moving to a two bedroom in July. And getting ready for the 2nd birthday/ meet the baby party I'm having Sept. 4th
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pam_8787
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:43 PM
Which wildlife park?

Quoting FrogSalad:

Oh, and there's a wildlife park in central Illinois that we used to go when we were kids and I'd love to take Bren there this summer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2and2onway
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Where in Indiana? I am in Indiana.

Quoting Pam_8787:

Well I'm 6 months pregnant so getting ready for baby#2. Also finding a full time job. I have a summer job where I work with a summer day camp. No real trips planned except going down to Indiana to meet up with a few of my mommy friends and their little ones. Also trips to the sheds aquarium, zoo, etc. Taste of Chicago should be nice as well. I'm also going to be moving to a two bedroom in July. And getting ready for the 2nd birthday/ meet the baby party I'm having Sept. 4th

laura7485
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:54 PM

My mom, dad and brother will be moving here next month!! I am sooooooo excited! They currently live 14 hours away, and we haven't seen them since my sister's wedding in October. We plan on doing LOTS! Going to Pike's Peak via Cog Railroad, Royal Gorge, both Cheyenne Mtn and Denver Zoo, there's a King Tut exhibit that my dad bought tickets to. We bought a kiddie pool for the girls this past weekend and they LOVED it! I am so excited :D

bhwrn1
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:54 PM

We do the Kids Bowl Free thing, it's so worth it b/c we go at least once during the summer and it doesn't cost anything. We do a day trip to the zoo and will add the acquarium this year. We go away for two weeks at the end of the summer. We also have a camp out planned at DH's cousin's house (just not set with the date yet). All the little cousins will be there and sleep outside with their daddies while the ladies watch the babies in the house. I am sure we'll have lots of bbqs and I joined the JCC so my oldest could go to daycamp so I can bring the younger two there on my day off.

Sam.Marie
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Absolutely nothing planned until august which we will have a bday party for my oldest son! Hubby is working forced overtime at work (scheduled to last at least until march) so he doesnt really have any days off so mostly it'll just be me and the kids hanging out at home!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)