• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty training

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:29 AM
  • 6 Replies
My son Matthew has been pottying. Cause we were out of pull ups. Well he goes during the ok he has peed in his undies and he poops in them. I am trying to catch him so he can pooped on the toliet.

My hubby thinks I'm pushing him cause sometimes Matthew will say no when you ask him to go.

But I don't think I am cause when he wore his pull ups when I would change him he would ooo (meaning he didn't like his poop on his butt)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
roseandlove
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:30 AM
He is 3 years old

Quoting roseandlove:

My son Matthew has been pottying. Cause we were out of pull ups. Well he goes during the ok he has peed in his undies and he poops in them. I am trying to catch him so he can pooped on the toliet.

My hubby thinks I'm pushing him cause sometimes Matthew will say no when you ask him to go.

But I don't think I am cause when he wore his pull ups when I would change him he would ooo (meaning he didn't like his poop on his butt)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxy85
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Do you have a question? My oldest was perfectly content using a diaper, but I got tired of wiping man sized poop off his butt so they were no longer an option. I didn't use pull-ups with him either. I got training pants from Gerber and a kitchen timer that I set for every 30 minutes. He drank lots of water and I just went for it. By 2 1/2yo he was totally potty trained (putting the seat up when he peed, putting it back down, wiping his own butt when he pooped, and washing his hands). I'm getting tired of his younger brother's poopy diapers too so looks like his time is coming...

Meg_the_Mermaid
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Pull-ups are pretty much just like diapers. I would suggest going straight to undies if you feel he's completely ready to be trained.

I had my daughter fully (pee, poop, nightime, everything) potty-trained in 5 days. We didn't do pull-ups, we went straight to panties. Took her potty regularly, I was calm about accidents, I encouraged her when she did use the potty, etc. Yes, she had 2 or 3 days of accidents, but she finally got the hang of it very quickly. She was 3 years 2 months at the time.

RolandsMom12
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Yep, they learn that they can just use them as they would a diaper.

Quoting Meg_the_Mermaid:

Pull-ups are pretty much just like diapers. I would suggest going straight to undies if you feel he's completely ready to be trained.

I had my daughter fully (pee, poop, nightime, everything) potty-trained in 5 days. We didn't do pull-ups, we went straight to panties. Took her potty regularly, I was calm about accidents, I encouraged her when she did use the potty, etc. Yes, she had 2 or 3 days of accidents, but she finally got the hang of it very quickly. She was 3 years 2 months at the time.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Gizmomommyof2
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Quoting roxy85:

Do you have a question? My oldest was perfectly content using a diaper, but I got tired of wiping man sized poop off his butt so they were no longer an option. I didn't use pull-ups with him either. I got training pants from Gerber and a kitchen timer that I set for every 30 minutes. He drank lots of water and I just went for it. By 2 1/2yo he was totally potty trained (putting the seat up when he peed, putting it back down, wiping his own butt when he pooped, and washing his hands). I'm getting tired of his younger brother's poopy diapers too so looks like his time is coming...

i wish that worked for mine my DD was 5 1/2 until she stopped having accidents and I am still working with my 3 1/2 yr old DS. he will pee in the potty and only occasionally poop in the potty!!! I too am tired of cleaning underwear out!!!

bhwrn1
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:08 PM

My middle guy just finished training and he would say no alot. We made him go anyway. It was the only way to show him that he did have to go and that it was important not to hold it in until he peed or pooped his pants.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)